Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Saw those too. Second biggest “snow” of the season here. 

Congrats!!! What a pathetic winter. I feel for the Southern areas, this winter so far has been ridiculous. Wasn't so long ago that I lived in Mass basking in my 250 feet of elevation. I would have been a basket case in a year like this. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My Ambient gage blows...perfectly level, and still egregiously under reports. I just look at KASH and KLWM.

Temp sensor works well, though.

Yeah 1.5 looks right. There are ways to adjust the instrumentation , but I’m just too lazy to care a lot. Sorry Jspin and Dendrite lol. They probably had a stroke after I said that. I’ll probably get a stratus gauge since they seem the best. Looks like .5 to. .6” near BOS. Would have been a hell of a gradient in 10 miles.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah 1.5 looks right. There are ways to adjust the instrumentation , but I’m just too lazy to care a lot. Sorry Jspin and Dendrite lol. They probably had a stroke after I said that. I’ll probably get a stratus gauge since they seem the best. Looks like .5 to. .6” near BOS. Would have been a hell of a gradient in 10 miles.

I'll have to look into that.

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just get a stratus and sit it properly and your good, Great tool for core samples too.

Anyone else have mini split heat pumps/AC? I had 2 Mitsubishi hyper heat units installed over the summer and have been blown away by how efficient they are to run. It's been pretty mild here on the CT shoreline but these units claim full heat output at 5 degrees. I also had solar panels installed so they are practically free to run. The Coefficient of performance on them is 3.8 meaning they are 380% efficient. Its been staggering how much oil I have saved and literally have not run my oil furnace at all this winter. I think this is going to be the future of heating and cooling.

7 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Anyone else have mini split heat pumps/AC? I had 2 Mitsubishi hyper heat units installed over the summer and have been blown away by how efficient they are to run. It's been pretty mild here on the CT shoreline but these units claim full heat output at 5 degrees. I also had solar panels installed so they are practically free to run. The Coefficient of performance on them is 3.8 meaning they are 380% efficient. Its been staggering how much oil I have saved and literally have not run my oil furnace at all this winter. I think this is going to be the future of heating and cooling.

I have a Fujitsu at Pit2.  It gets it done.

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I have a Fujitsu at Pit2.  It gets it done.

How is the cold weather performance? I haven't really experienced any real cold yet but they claim to run down to -13. Fujitsu and Mitsubishi seem to be the leaders in reliability and efficiency.