Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

On 12/10/2018 at 11:41 AM, wxeyeNH said:

Thanks Brian.  I can easily do that.   It is really interesting to see the old and new station consoles side by side.  With breezy conditions right now they are within a few tenths F.  Last night the new station at 3m was running about 2F colder than the old station at 10m.  On a good radiation night it will be interesting to see the difference. 

Probably a good time to signup for CWOP.

http://www.findu.com/citizenweather/cw_form.html

What are you using for software? Weatherlink?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, Looks like its blossoming over that area towards Vinalhaven and back inland from there as far as South China if that's hitting the ground.

Breakwater webcam looks like it's snowing pretty good currently. Vinalhaven definitely could be in line for a near-advisory event. 

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Probably a good time to signup for CWOP.

http://www.findu.com/citizenweather/cw_form.html

What are you using for software? Weatherlink?

Yup,  I use weatherlink.  Currently it also  uploads to Weather Underground.  I'll sign up tomorrow.  I looked at CWOP and it gives good directions on how to upload  to CWOP.  I'm certainly not a techy but seems easy to understand.

Really interesting to watch the 2 stations.  Today in the sunshine I was consistantly lower with the new station.  Even last night I was 6.9F on the new station and 8.3F on the old station on the roof.  

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Yup,  I use weatherlink.  Currently it also  uploads to Weather Underground.  I'll sign up tomorrow.  I looked at CWOP and it gives good directions on how to upload  to CWOP.  I'm certainly not a techy but seems easy to understand.

Really interesting to watch the 2 stations.  Today in the sunshine I was consistantly lower with the new station.  Even last night I was 6.9F on the new station and 8.3F on the old station on the roof.  

Could be a few things...

Passive shield
Old sensor (is that the original?)
Some kind of heat influence from roof

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

NWS snow maps showing outer Cape could see 2-4" of snow.  Inverted trough looks decent a line of snow showers moving through.  Its cold enough to stick right away and our inverted trough is developing quickly now. cloud cover almost 100% and snow showers moving towards the Vineyard.

You may get a coating.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Very cool Chris

best feature of my new Galaxy, speak take picture and its instant, just have to be quick enough

This was long enough (3ish seconds) that had I not been driving I probably could've snapped something. But I missed half of it because it was above and behind me.

What I clearly noticed was how it lit up the sky. Like lightning flash brightness, but constant, then it flickered and I realized what must be going on.

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Very happy with that result. Allison and Van Dijk have been huge additions. 

Hmm, Matip broke his collarbone at the final whistle yesterday (I thought he looked seriously hurt after going for that header). 

That leaves them with just Van Dijk and Lovren now at centerback. Holiday schedule is going to be a grind now.

3 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

This was long enough (3ish seconds) that had I not been driving I probably could've snapped something. But I missed half of it because it was above and behind me.

What I clearly noticed was how it lit up the sky. Like lightning flash brightness, but constant, then it flickered and I realized what must be going on.

Just stumbled across this while on the Glob website. Had not seen it on here...lol.  I was like, hey, I know that dude!   Was X jealous?