Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

Here we go again.

I think 3-6" is possible tonight for the ski resorts.... someone could score 6+ if any lake effect squalls get "stuck" on the Spine, ie it just keeps redeveloping as moisture plows into the mountains. 

Since the switch flipped a month ago in November it has just wanted to snow.  One of those patterns where if you are unsure if it'll happen or not, bet on the snowier side of things.

47571860_2917041128321354_13460463712238

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I would blow my brains out if I had to clean off my truck 3x/day, 5 days/week.

Keep a leaf blower in the trunk... just fire it up and snow's gone, lol.

But yeah, morning and night for the past several days have had to get the brush out.  J.Spin will be on accumulating snow event #35 at Christmas at this rate.  The "days and days of snow" phrase could be applied now.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Keep a leaf blower in the trunk... just fire it up and snow's gone, lol.

But yeah, morning and night for the past several days have had to get the brush out.  J.Spin will be on accumulating snow event #35 at Christmas at this rate.  The "days and days of snow" phrase could be applied now.

It snows where it wants to snow. 

Gorgeous pics up there 

15 minutes ago, scoob40 said:

From what I read in the NNE thread his hood is to snow is like what Secretariat was to horse racing.

He is in a good location to catch every uplsope snowfall.  He is also the most diligent measurer that I have ever seen.  He is a fanatic about data collection and quality and measures exactly according to the NWS standards.  He comes as close to anyone can to capturing every single flake that falls. 

21 minutes ago, mreaves said:

He is in a good location to catch every uplsope snowfall.  He is also the most diligent measurer that I have ever seen.  He is a fanatic about data collection and quality and measures exactly according to the NWS standards.  He comes as close to anyone can to capturing every single flake that falls. 

Not much wind there in his nook either. It piles up nicely on his elevated measuring board.

A few flakes about 8 AM here in Augusta after the 1/4" yesterday/overnight.  Only a dusting at home, but a heavier dusting in Belgrade covered the black ice on Long Pond, showing the lake about 98% iced.  Long vies with Great Pond for latest freeze-up among the Belgrades, and this is the earliest I've seen the ice catch.  Should add enough thickness over the weekend and early next week to withstand the mild-up.

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

No way it was showers. 

Yeah, youre right. When I looked out the window before sunrise, i could see the street was wet, but I couldnt see any evidence of snow so when i saw the temp i assumed a shower moved through. Once, the sun was up i could see the coating of snow of the mulch. I guess we did get some snow showers

2 hours ago, mreaves said:

Sounds like his place is the West Chesterfield of Northern Vermont