• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

God I'm so jealous of you guys seeing sun.

Rotted overnight at 30-32F with freezing fog and mist and now up to 37F as the frontal precipitation moves in. 

Doesn't look like the snowpack even blinked over the last 36 hours.

Guess the only sun I can see is when the mountain gets tall enough to punch through the stratus, ha.

Yes.  1245pm and made it to 40F!  Brief periods of sunshine but 80% cloud-filled sky.  I made this time lapse from this morning and found it interesting.  Stable cold layer from about my elevation and lower.  Low clouds over the lake.  Meanwhile, just over top of me the wind is blowing and  the clouds are racing eastward.  When bits of the low clouds get high enough they are blow off.  I love living up high.  Great vis. at my house at the top of the cloud layer.  Then drive down my road into thick fog.  At the base the vis. is good again with the low cloud base is just above.  

Here is the video.   Snow depth is down to 8".  What remains by this evening will be around for a long, long time. I was hoping for enough melt for a bit of bare ground but will not happen, not even on my south exposure areas.

https://video.nest.com/clip/9ff4dbdb3f7d45afae9f8c7fd0201d00.mp4

Up to 42F.   The "7" is just beginning to appear on the snow stake.   Once it clears out tomorrow and we can get a good shot from the GOES it will be interesting to see the snow cover line in New England.  It must be a sharp line right across Central NH between the haves and have-nots..

21 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Nice Ginxy!

Here's a photo that isn't mine, so don't cross post anywhere.  Just something that showed up on my social feed by @insta.argo on instagram.

Looking at Smuggs from Stowe and showing how fluid the atmosphere really is.  Large scale waterfall.

47291567_10161458620945268_3318561297921

Awesome,  25k now have seen your pics. You seriously have an eye for Photos and really should think about selling them. I can be your salesperson 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Great shot eyeore, something tells me you are gonna miss pit 1 alot

Well, we haven't sold it yet.  I'll be heading back down there around the 20th.  Primarily because my mother-in-law is going to be moving into Pit2.  It'll allow me to hold onto a little of my sanity.  I thought she was moving in here in mid-January then suddenly it was Dec. 21.  Ugh!!!!!

Once we sell the Pit, I'll need to be here.  In the meantime, I'll be glad to have a little more freedom--even if it is in a house with very little furniture.  I just hope I can get one or two good snows up here before I need to head back to Mass.

54 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Congrats man , got a job lined up? Personal forecaster for the love of your life in Tolland?

I do and right here in CT. 

I started working there in April (was supposed to be an internship, but since they didn't have a meteorologist on staff it didn't qualify as an internship). I really enjoy it b/c it involves forecasting across the country and I've gained a ton of experience with weather outside of CT. 

• Like 3