Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2018-19 Banter Thread

Ralph Wiggum

19 minutes ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

JB still keeping an eye on the weekend early week event - says although modeling not there yet - he thinks something will come out of gulf and could be "spectacular"....

JB is trash....his name should be blocked on this site.  

And LOL to the second bold. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

JB still keeping an eye on the weekend early week event - says although modeling not there yet - he thinks something will come out of gulf and could be "spectacular"....

5 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

JB is trash....his name should be blocked on this site.  

And LOL to the second bold. 

Phillywx keeps is more optimistic than we are about an upcoming miller A. Who knows. Definitely not rock solid. 

7 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I think Ji has more credibility than him at this point... Used to be a fan but have come to realize he will always call for cold and snow because that's what sells.

As long as you understand his bias when forecasting - he is quite good with pattern recognition and you will never ever be surprised by a snowstorm! LOL!!

Either way interesting times ahead!!

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

Either way interesting times ahead!!

Seems like we've been saying that for weeks now. I fear those times aren't really coming 

I guess I'm different than most on here - I enjoyed the tracking last week...even if it did not end in a big snow event. I believe we will have several more of these to track during the late Jan- Early March period - so much more active than last year when nothing happened during this mid-winter stretch. That said no one can say if any of these end in snow in everyone's back yard but I do believe there are many more storms and rumors of storms to track. So for me it has been and I believe it will be interesting times. But, I understand for probably many on here they have no interest in tracking a winter storm if it only results in a mix or mostly rain.

Next week looks great h5 wise on the Euro...and it's not in the super long range either. If that comes to fruition, I really like our chances next week as the transient blocking looks to be in place. Maybe this will be the one where we finally get the timing right. If we strike out, well the Phillies report next month.

ecmwf_z500a_namer_8.png

• Like 2

19 hours ago, zenmsav6810 said:

His false positive rate is certified weenie.

To be fair JB and WB have done probably the best job with their winter outlook (with the exception of snow in the PHL to BOS corridor) otherwise their above normal mid-atlantic snows and cold centered over the midwest and east look spot on. Like I said you can nail a pattern correctly and I would say for sure our area will be biased cold for at least the next 7 weeks with multiple winter storm chances...now each of those may cut west and we get rain - but the overall pattern was nailed IMHO. Keep in mind a couple big snow events and folks in the PHL to NYC area will be near to above normal - even as crappy as the snow season has been we are at 75% of normal with 10.7" of snow so far...keep the faith my friends - faith will be rewarded!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

To be fair JB and WB have done probably the best job with their winter outlook (with the exception of snow in the PHL to BOS corridor) otherwise their above normal mid-atlantic snows and cold centered over the midwest and east look spot on. Like I said you can nail a pattern correctly and I would say for sure our area will be biased cold for at least the next 7 weeks with multiple winter storm chances...now each of those may cut west and we get rain - but the overall pattern was nailed IMHO. Keep in mind a couple big snow events and folks in the PHL to NYC area will be near to above normal - even as crappy as the snow season has been we are at 75% of normal with 10.7" of snow so far...keep the faith my friends - faith will be rewarded!!

With all due respect, you would make an outstanding cult leader.  

• Haha 1

I keep trying to tell myself well we have February and March to go yet and we will get snow, I mean a decent storm 6"+. also this year Ive been try to learn what the atmosphere is doing and how to read the patterns its quite complicated to say the least EPO, PNA, NAO, MJO makes my head spin at my age, If the common person just knew what it takes to actually get snow in the Northeast let alone a big storm they would understand the forecasting difficulties. Not being the expert but just looking at things from afar it seems that trends in weather cannot be denied this year the theme is Cold dry-mild wet-cold dry. Keep up the good work Wiggum, Newman, and all the other regular posters on here Im trying to figure this all out. 

I've had friends who aren't into hobby ask when's the snow coming because pretty much every met in the area went with winter of yore. I read in the Philly Inq yesterday about the cold and stormy pattern "just around the corner". It's like they are doubling down on the nonsense. Not good for public perception at all...

The poor saps in the MA thread still hold on to hope a good winter is coming, big pattern change right around the corner lol. That's what happens to victims in a torture chamber that are given scraps here and there just enough to keep em alive and think there's a chance. I have had no scrap rations been eating flies and a little mouse i stomped with my foot.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

I'll make a deal with mother nature -- I'll sign on for a mild, snowless winter if she'll stop the rain. Seems my sump pumps have been running non-stop since last spring.

agreed. i'm ready for spring. This severe cold, little to no torches, no snow and a ton of rain is a winter of horror. Give me the super nino winter any day of the week since at least it's mild. This is legit the worst pattern possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

The poor saps in the MA thread still hold on to hope a good winter is coming, big pattern change right around the corner lol. That's what happens to victims in a torture chamber that are given scraps here and there just enough to keep em alive and think there's a chance. I have had no scrap rations been eating flies and a little mouse i stomped with my foot.

I think it's funny they can't see the writing on the wall when one of their best posters is saying it doesn't look good. With next week looking like a fail, it seems the pac floodgates open again and the winter of azz rolls full steam ahead.