Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2018-19 Banter Thread

Ralph Wiggum

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

I have multiple family members out here. Over the years in Qtown they owned me in most of the big snows lol.

Quakertown is just about perfect. They usually receive the same amt of precip as me/Ralph but hang on/start with colder temperatures = more snow/frz precip possibilities.

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

Quakertown is just about perfect. They usually receive the same amt of precip as me/Ralph but hang on/start with colder temperatures = more snow/frz precip possibilities.

I would know how they are spending 10 years. With elevation they get more snow flurries. In a couple of the nickel dimes winters they did better with clippers and such do to elevation but overall lost out on numbers to Monmouth County on i would say three quarters of the bigger storms.

4 hours ago, penndotguy said:

you giving up too? If given the choice  Ill take the rain over ice everyday if Snow is off the table

Not giving up the 20th and around the 26th of January still hold promise. But if we dont score on the closing stretch through January then well congrats you got February and March to make up for all the snow you missed in December and January.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Newman said:

Not giving up the 20th and around the 26th of January still hold promise. But if we dont score on the closing stretch through January then well congrats you got February and March to make up for all the snow you missed in December and January.

January is toast. Their gearing up for the good pattern to arrive in February in the MA region, of course we would be too if we had two events and were above normal for our season. I would be getting geared up for spring but unfortunately it looks like spring is going to come late :(

You just get that feeling that this winter could go into the record books as the single biggest tease/bust winter of all time for our area.

Been hearing since November of epic things to come and that just keeps getting pushed further and further out in time with no results.  Now we're talking February for a pattern flip.  My pure guess is we do get the cold but it comes in snowless as the MA and SE cashes in again.

• Like 1

Welp, it's 1/15 and we're half way through met winter with not much to show for it. Some years it just wants to snow and other years it's like pulling teeth. I think we know what sort of winter we have on our hands.

I think we're all a bunch of demoralized weenies at this point. Even if the pattern does shuffle around, it just has that feel to it of a year where if it can find a way NOT to snow, it will.

Let's hope Thurs night produces because there doesn't seem to be much on the horizon afterward.

3 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Welp, it's 1/15 and we're half way through met winter with not much to show for it. Some years it just wants to snow and other years it's like pulling teeth. I think we know what sort of winter we have on our hands.

I think we're all a bunch of demoralized weenies at this point. Even if the pattern does shuffle around, it just has that feel to it of a year where if it can find a way NOT to snow, it will.

Let's hope Thurs night produces because there doesn't seem to be much on the horizon afterward.

I'm with you. I havent punted nor cancelled....I am still optimistic. Just feeling frustration here. Just a few days ago we were looking at a HECS for Sunday with no end in sight. And like a light switch now rain and the LR prophets are saying 'just a little longer than expected for the change'. Been hearing and reading that since Christmas. We can only delay this a little bit longer. LR now has nothing thru the end of January....cold rains. Then bitterly cold and dry entering Feb. Obviously that can and will change one way or another but again, just frustrating being teased with HECS and 'epic looks' but not getting anything to produce. I'm confident this streak will break sooner than later but damn this is agonizing. In the meantime im going to post less and just focus short range so I'm not pissing anyone off. 

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Where are the spring outlooks

Cold and rainy....just like this winter. Summer will be record breaking HHH with limited T-Storms and the ones which do form will miss us or die before they reach our location. Fall will be above average besides a freak Oct snow storm which will screw up the 2020 winter.

Central Jersey crowd had a great ECM-Ukmet run at 0z we just needed to hold the line at all costs, a slight nudge SE would get us into high end moderate. 12z Ukmet went 50 miles NW and the ECM 15 end result game over. Oh yeah the 12z runs took away our snow for Thursday night.

8 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

This is the winter of getting kicked in the nuts. Seems Everytime we need a north trend we trend south and when we need a south trend we trend north. Curious to see how we mess up the 24th system...

Imagine how i feel being southeast of I95 for the only time in my life and couldn't have picked a worse year for it. My nuts have been kicked into a puree and still an entire second half of kicking to go.

.5" snow on the season

• Haha 1

Thank you sir may i have another! Three cold rains bearing down on me the next week with potential of registering 4" of liquid. Even worse this one week period will average out well below normal temperature wise in the very heart of winter. All this on top of the wettest rottenest winter December in history.

THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!