Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2018-19 Banter Thread

Ralph Wiggum

On 3/8/2019 at 2:30 PM, RedSky said:

Who would vote yes on moving Christmas to January 25?

I'm down for more white Christmases

22 hours ago, RedSky said:

Yes good snow but it has to be closer to New Years

The Greek Orthodox Church tends to make a bigger deal out of Candlemas which is a Christmas related holiday, namely it celebrates the end of the season of Epiphany. Its date is Feb 2nd. The Armenian Patriarchate of Jerusalem celebrates Christmas on what would be January 19th of our calendar. The precedent is certainly set. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zenmsav6810 said:

The Greek Orthodox Church tends to make a bigger deal out of Candlemas which is a Christmas related holiday, namely it celebrates the end of the season of Epiphany. Its date is Feb 2nd. The Armenian Patriarchate of Jerusalem celebrates Christmas on what would be January 19th of our calendar. The precedent is certainly set. 

Candlemas it is. Kick the varmint to the curb.

On 3/16/2019 at 1:14 PM, Rtd208 said:

I am really glad we that winter is basically behind us now. It didn't live up to expectations and we hope for much better next winter. Looking forward to hopefully getting some good severe/heavy rain events as we head into the spring and summer. The next 10 days look rather quiet so enjoy it.

They do? Thursday looks like a coastal bomb. Rain but still. Then there is a bomb off the SE Coast then another potential major storm middle of next week.  Looks like one of the more active patterns for the East the entire past 4 months lol. 

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

They do? Thursday looks like a coastal bomb. Rain but still. Then there is a bomb off the SE Coast then another potential major storm middle of next week.  Looks like one of the more active patterns for the East the entire past 4 months lol. 

Yeah so much for that. Looks like DT (Wxrisk) will be wrong as well.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - I'm from the NYC metro subforum but wanted to drop in to mention something, just in case somehow you aren't already aware.  I was watching a story about Mike Trout on either MLB Network or ESPN, and they were talking about how close he is with his family, how he calls back to his folks in south jersey all the time talking about snowstorms, sending them screenshots of weather forecasts, radar, etc.. Sounds like a lot of us on this board.  Wondering if anyone's tried reaching out to him, maybe over twitter, to let him know about this place.  Being a south jersey guy I figured this would be the subforum for him.  Guessing you all/he may be way ahead of me on this but had to drop in and mention it.  

• Like 1