Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2018-19 Banter Thread

Ralph Wiggum

1 hour ago, penndotguy said:

I know Redsky I've seen plenty of sharp gradients in the last few years to last a lifetime, Maybe you should just turn off the computer and Phone have a couple shots and check back tomorrow. :lol:

More snow N&W of I95 is a thing again, one man moves and restores order to the universal rain/snow line and peace to the galaxy

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Cutter followed by follow up wave ots south of us is my call

Aaaannnnndddd 18z gfs is this exact scenario. Cant make this stuff up. This season miss 20 miles N miss 20 miles s miss 20 miles w miss 20 miles e and the tightest gradients ever. Aside from Nov which will probably be our secs for the year.

I briefly went to school for meteorology because I love tracking snow. I ended up switching majors and financially it's been amazing, but I still love tracking storms. I hate driving in it and I hate those storms where it just lingers on the road and you end up parking on ice piles for days. I'm NOT a winter guy at all. I love the beach and fishing, t shirts and shorts. Hate winter. This winter is useless too since it's COLD but not snowy. Let's just get to spring already. Bring on the fish!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hurricane1091 said:

I briefly went to school for meteorology because I love tracking snow. I ended up switching majors and financially it's been amazing, but I still love tracking storms. I hate driving in it and I hate those storms where it just lingers on the road and you end up parking on ice piles for days. I'm NOT a winter guy at all. I love the beach and fishing, t shirts and shorts. Hate winter. This winter is useless too since it's COLD but not snowy. Let's just get to spring already. Bring on the fish!!!

Striped bass run in t-minus 2 months!!

1 hour ago, hurricane1091 said:

You fish bud?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes. Pretty avid hardcore surf fisherman. I hit the rivers in spring early and follow the striper migration then move down into lower Delaware Bay mid April thru very early May then move to the beaches and catch the run of black drum, blues, and of course the stripers moving thru. Then flounder and weakies most of summer with surf kingfish by July. I usually relax late July thru mid to late August then gear up for the fall mullet run and subsequently blues and stripers. So yeah, I fish a little.

Yes. Pretty avid hardcore surf fisherman. I hit the rivers in spring early and follow the striper migration then move down into lower Delaware Bay mid April thru very early May then move to the beaches and catch the run of black drum, blues, and of course the stripers moving thru. Then flounder and weakies most of summer with surf kingfish by July. I usually relax late July thru mid to late August then gear up for the fall mullet run and subsequently blues and stripers. So yeah, I fish a little.
Nice. I just got into surf casting but only caught a blue this fall. Kinda terrible lol. I caught a 20 lber in the spring though in the big D. I salt and fresh water fish a ton

2 minutes ago, hurricane1091 said:

Nice. I just got into surf casting but only caught a blue this fall. Kinda terrible lol. I caught a 20 lber in the spring though in the big D. I salt and fresh water fish a ton

Awesome! This was a lousy year in the surf for many so one blue isnt horrible. Worst I may have ever had. Maybe we'll wet lines sometime man. 

This is my winter window.  The outside sill and capping blew up after the 09-10 winter and we never repaired it.  The inside original wood sash swelling is holding it together.  So, for your entertainment once we get into the teens I can post another pic of an iced up window. It faces southwest-as you can see plenty of condensation on it that won’t go away on its own.   

3990066D-2CCF-48A7-BCEB-37F9224FAEE9.jpeg

Should be an interesting week of tracking as it looks like a true Miller A could be coming up out of the gulf late next weekend or early week. It has been a while since we have had one of those. Now, of course the ultimate track will determine precip types. From this far out I favor a coastal hugger with Snow to rain and big snows well inland. The operational EURO right now has snow for the Jersey Shore but others bring it almost over ACY....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Should be an interesting week of tracking as it looks like a true Miller A could be coming up out of the gulf late next weekend or early week. It has been a while since we have had one of those. Now, of course the ultimate track will determine precip types. From this far out I favor a coastal hugger with Snow to rain and big snows well inland. The operational EURO right now has snow for the Jersey Shore but others bring it almost over ACY....

Great post Paul, I feel the same way right now irt next weekend.

• Haha 1

Why is it so cold in east Jersey at 11F? This is ridiculous cold for no snow cover. But why is east Jersey by the hot ocean so cold Quakertown is only 2F colder doesn't make sense. Yeah i'm bitching up a storm hating the cold because it's the worst winter ever.

Only the winter of azz could bring over performing cold without snow

32 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Why is it so cold in east Jersey at 11F? This is ridiculous cold for no snow cover. But why is east Jersey by the hot ocean so cold Quakertown is only 2F colder doesn't make sense. Yeah i'm bitching up a storm hating the cold because it's the worst winter ever.

Only the winter of azz could bring over performing cold without snow

Sandy soil!  I expect the Pine Barrens are even colder.