• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2018 Obs

Isopycnic

Haven't posted in a few.. (sorry massive Hernia)..

Went Trout fishing yesterday & today, very productive, along with  puffers, (blowfish)..  Caught several SST, (lots of "spikes) kept 2 over 14 inches,,  for my "legal limit" ..

Lots of Blues in the water.. 

Saw a Bluefin tuna jump out the water yesterday... (chasing Menhaden) off the beach.. 

currently..

62 & Rain  T-storms..

Water temp is 67..

1 hour ago, NC_hailstorm said:

Wedge still holding here 48.4 but the forecast high s 70.1.52'' in the bucket.

Don't think  I ever seen this wording in a 6 day forecast though.

Rain and snow likely. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Getting a "likely" for any precipitation 6 days out is quite rare.  But given how wet it's been, not surprised.  

Currently 51.  The forecast for this weekend was way off with the rain and temps. 

3 hours ago, Wow said:

Getting a "likely" for any precipitation 6 days out is quite rare.  But given how wet it's been, not surprised.  

Currently 51.  The forecast for this weekend was way off with the rain and temps. 

Yea I don’t believe we’ll see 60’s or upper 50’s for that matter that was projected a few days ago.

Fog is still holding on at 4:13 in Surry Co. and temperature of 52

20 minutes ago, Northern Foothills Snowman said:

Yea I don’t believe we’ll see 60’s or upper 50’s for that matter that was projected a few days ago.

Fog is still holding on at 4:13 in Surry Co. and temperature of 52

It did eventually clear out and blue skies are out.. Temps maxed out at 64.  Need to use what little left of daylight we have to do some outdoor work.

7 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Made it to 74 today! Once the sun broke out around noon, it was torch city!

goes to show you how cool it's been that this feels so warm... it seems like only a few weeks ago, this would have felt like winter. 

picked up 2.15 of rain with the last system. 

On 12/3/2018 at 12:51 AM, 64Storm said:

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
0434 PM EST SUN DEC 02 2018

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE TIED AT ATLANTA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 74 DEGREES WAS REACHED AT ATLANTA
TODAY. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 74 SET IN 1998.

That surprises me.  I would have expected the record high for Alanta to be in the upper seventies this early in December.

• Like 1

Guess I would put up some Obs today..

We are, (If not already), @donsutherland1, approaching if Not Already Reached a Record of 100" inches of Precipitation here in Wilmington, N.C. ..

This Has been Shattered, (hurricane notwithstanding) a Previous record that has stood Since 1877 of 83.56" inches of Precipitation in a Single year, Here in Wilmington, NC..

Current Obs...

Under a Flash Flood watch

Temperature currently high of 64F &  low 62F

Dew point 63F

Humidity 88%

Winds are out of the SE @ 13 mph

Rainfall thus far is 0.57 inches 

Pressure 30.01 inches

Scattered clouds @ 1300 feet.. & overcast @ 7300 feet..

(Heavy Rain intermittedly)

TOTAL RAINFALL AS OF THIS MORNING (FRIDAY, 12/14/2018,  STANDS AT   97.76 inches)

raintotals.JPG

• Like 2

As of 4:05 pm, Greensboro, NC had picked up 0.32" rain. That brings that city's total precipitation for 2018 to 60.00". 2018 has become only the second year on record during which Greensboro recorded 60.00" or more precipitation. The record is 62.32", which was set in 2003.

In addition, Wilmington had picked up 0.65" rain, brining the 2018's record precipitation figure to 98.40". There is a chance that Wilmington could reach 100.00" annual precipitation in the wake of the current storm.

Finally, the storm could bring Elizabeth City's yearly precipitation past the record of 62.13", which was set in 1979. To date, Elizabeth City has received 61.47" precipitation, which ranks as the third highest annual figure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

In addition, Wilmington had picked up 0.65" rain, brining the 2018's record precipitation figure to 98.40". There is a chance that Wilmington could reach 100.00" annual precipitation in the wake of the current storm.

Currently STEADY HEAVY RAIN the past couple hours.. Looking @ Radar has plenty more on the way..  :maprain::flood:

• Like 1