Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2018

George BM

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

12z runs goin' be yuge.

Might be hard to find space in the Panic Room if they crap the bed.

Lol I'd say this though based on history and not anything technical I think 12z runs will be quite suppressed. We all act like we haven't seen this movie before but it has been on loop for years. My hope is that once it does show that it doesn't get over analyzed...once its apparent and said no need to keep saying it and trying to validate that they called it...but that's dreaming 

8 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Lol I'd say this though based on history and not anything technical I think 12z runs will be quite suppressed. We all act like we haven't seen this movie before but it has been on loop for years. My hope is that once it does show that it doesn't get over analyzed...once its apparent and said no need to keep saying it and trying to validate that they called it...but that's dreaming 

Agreed, here is the coming pbp:

Yoda: shortwave entering CA

Yoda: looks ok at 120

PSU: northern stream looks strong

yoda: way south at 144 

general comments: congrats South Carolina 

tracker: wait, let it run , late capture?

yoda: it’s coming up the coast, big hit Norfolk 

general comments: Boston gets smoked

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

We all love snow and tracking and want these threats to deliver, but I mean you gotta just roll with it. I wont engage in hand wringing over every model cycle 7 days out lol. My yard fails more than many here, but I still enjoy the tracking and in the end it is what it is, and I go chase if I have to.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Agreed, here is the coming pbp:

Yoda: shortwave entering CA

Yoda: looks ok at 120

PSU: northern stream looks strong

yoda: way south at 144 

general comments: congrats South Carolina 

tracker: wait, let it run , late capture?

yoda: it’s coming up the coast, big hit Norfolk 

general comments: Boston gets smoked

Another general comment: We suck but at least Boston gets screwed this run.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'll go a small step further. If you're right about the 12z runs and you very well may be, I think this storm is toast. Seems to me we need the 12z runs to correct the 6z runs right away which would relegate the 6z runs to a "blip". 

6 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

I'll go a small step further. If you're right about the 12z runs and you very well may be, I think this storm is toast. Seems to me we need the 12z runs to correct the 6z runs right away which would relegate the 6z runs to a "blip". 

It would be nice to get a few inches.  Doesn’t have to be a monster HECS for me.  FV3 looked ok for that.  But I agree that once it goes south it might just keep going until it’s just crushed.  Tough to recover from that as the models get a better handle on things.  The most important runs on the season coming up.

23 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

It would be nice to get a few inches.  Doesn’t have to be a monster HECS for me.  FV3 looked ok for that.  But I agree that once it goes south it might just keep going until it’s just crushed.  Tough to recover from that as the models get a better handle on things.  The most important runs on the season coming up.

Agreed. The FV3 run was good enough for me for early  December. 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

It’s gonna be a long week of following models when so many people are living and dying by every model run, for a system 6-7 days away

I'm worried....I'm concerned....it's not looking good....it's gonna be a miss....oh well

.....for a storm 174 hours away.    Oh well.  Maybe we'll get the next one.  

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

How do you see today's game going? Lamar has his first start on the road, against another pretty crappy D. Our D better play well- Atlanta can put up some yards.

I got to tell you, I'm a little conflicted on what I think will happen. I'm scared our defense will lay an egg. I do like our offense this game surprisingly, as long as Marty calls a good game. That's probably a huge question mark in itself. We have to make sure we keep them from moving down middle of field. We need to keep their receivers outside the hashes. Julio will do his thing, but you have to contain him for the big play. All their receivers are excellent in space. Pressure Ryan, keep them outside the hashes, and bend, don't break in the RZ when they're there.

We need to establish the run early and keep it rolling to control clock. If we can't do that, we are in deep trouble. As bad as their secondary is, we might get a few good plays down field on them, but I still think that's our weak point with Jackson. A lot of promise with his skill set and he can pass, but I think his mechanics need work. I have us losing 27-23, but I could see it flipped. Another tight Ravens football. Wouldn't be a Sunday without some heartburn lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

I got to tell you, I'm a little conflicted on what I think will happen. I'm scared our defense will lay an egg. I do like our offense this game surprisingly, as long as Marty calls a good game. That's probably a huge question mark in itself. We have to make sure we keep them from moving down middle of field. We need to keep their receivers outside the hashes. Julio will do his thing, but you have to contain him for the big play. All their receivers are excellent in space. Pressure Ryan, keep them outside the hashes, and bend, don't break in the RZ when they're there.

We need to establish the run early and keep it rolling to control clock. If we can't do that, we are in deep trouble. As bad as their secondary is, we might get a few good plays down field on them, but I still think that's our weak point with Jackson. A lot of promise with his skill set and he can pass, but I think his mechanics need work. I have us losing 27-23, but I could see it flipped. Another tight Ravens football. Wouldn't be a Sunday without some heartburn lol

You pretty much covered all the bases. Some consistent inside pressure on Ryan would be great. Get in his face. Need more of what we saw from Judon in the fourth quarter last week. I just saw this morning they put Collins on IR, and activated Dixon. Good move. If Dixon is healthy, he should be fresh and could spell Gus. I like the 4 RBs we have now. Keep that smash mouth thing going. That style fits the OL and also the skill set of Jackson.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

You pretty much covered all the bases. Some consistent inside pressure on Ryan would be great. Get in his face. Need more of what we saw from Judon in the fourth quarter last week. I just saw this morning they put Collins on IR, and activated Dixon. Good move. If Dixon is healthy, he should be fresh and could spell Gus. I like the 4 RBs we have now. Keep that smash mouth thing going. That style fits the OL and also the skill set of Jackson.

Dixon is a more dynamic RB too who is very good in space. That's probably a great fit for today's game. Let Jackson use his talent, but keep it more on a possession type offense. Pound rock and mix in PA, screens, and quick out patterns. Take a shot down field every so often to keep them playing up. Moving away from the zone blocking scheme to a power game has been very beneficial. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic