Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2018

George BM

12 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Flip to rain?

Turned it on when yoda posted and it was snowing pretty good but tracked it on radar and it was about to shut off looks like the back edge moved through.  Whitened the ground.

1 hour ago, caviman2201 said:

@Snowchaser this forum can be chippy as hell if you're not in the "in crowd" but it's also full of really brilliant weather minds and people who love for snow like I do, so 8 years later (plus several on EasternUSWX) I'm still here. Under 1400 posts in 8 years, mostly obs and banter and I'm in here lurking nearly all day every day. I almost never post in the non-banter threads because I almost never have anything useful to add and I'd rather just follow this forum like a weather soap opera. Just my 2 cents. 

Agreed 100%. But some common respect for those who don’t sit with the “in crowd” at the lunch table, should be exercised.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

So general question. Big warmup has been talked about for a little while now for later this month, but out as far as I can see on long range I’m not seeing temps forecasted  to be super warm. When is this supposed to happen?

Beginning around the 13-15th. Hard to say how warm it gets and for how long but it's almost a lock that a period of warmer weather compared to the last couple weeks is on the way. 

If we do get a strong +EPO then it could easily last more than a week. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Beginning around the 13-15th. Hard to say how warm it gets and for how long but it's almost a lock that a period of warmer weather compared to the last couple weeks is on the way. 

If we do get a strong +EPO then it could easily last more than a week. 

Thanks Bob 

From Mount Holly- one mention at the end of their AFD this morning about the storm we are spending all hours tracking, and that all our hopes and dreams depend on..

Sunday and beyond...There is a potential coastal system on the
horizon. However, I would caution about making too many
assumptions on this system yet. Minor differences in the track,
well within the realm of uncertainty this far out, could mean
the difference between a mostly rain event, a snow or wintry mix
event, or no precipitation for our region at all with the storm
going further out to sea.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic