Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2018

George BM

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm not sure how some of you do it. With the exception of a hand full of events, tracking winter storms is an almost wholly miserable experience. Most of you don't care to learn the science. You'll track a digital "threat" for days if not weeks, and then stay inside during the event complaining about dry slots, mix lines, and screw zones, without enjoying the actual production. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c06c16c746e515132

Well my obsession has certainly subsided with kids.   Tracking is fun but kids don't care if you were forecasted to get 12 and you only get 6, lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I'm not sure how some of you do it. With the exception of a hand full of events, tracking winter storms is an almost wholly miserable experience. Most of you don't care to learn the science. You'll track a digital "threat" for days if not weeks, and then stay inside during the event complaining about dry slots, mix lines, and screw zones, without enjoying the actual production. 

Temperature, pressure and time.  It's that simple. But the possibilities.........

19 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Your use of that meme in the other thread was perfect. I am still laughing.

what you didn't get to see was the one where he had a spelling error. thankfully it was quoted by someone else, and now pinkied, so i can troll him over it whenever i feel like it. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

i was just thinking about this yesterday. take the Jan 2016 blizzard for example; i tracked that thing for a week. checked in during every model run, offered my two cents where needed, etc. once the snow started, I barely logged onto the forum. i just wanted to enjoy the snow, get outside, relax, whatever. 

i noticed that i do that with most event, i hardly post during them. unless its 6-hour measurement updates or whatever. 

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

what you didn't get to see was the one where he had a spelling error. thankfully it was quoted by someone else, and now pinkied, so i can troll him over it whenever i feel like it. :lol: 

i was just thinking about this yesterday. take the Jan 2016 blizzard for example; i tracked that thing for a week. checked in during every model run, offered my two cents where needed, etc. once the snow started, I barely logged onto the forum. i just wanted to enjoy the snow, get outside, relax, whatever. 

i noticed that i do that with most event, i hardly post during them. unless its 6-hour measurement updates or whatever. 

That's what we want. To be in storm...

My only meaningful posts are observations during an event. I am only useful to track Upstream conditions for folks further north otherwise I pretty much suck. I read the form and enjoy the model output and banter from everyone. I don't look at models anymore. No time. Everyone does such a great job here... very satisfied with the content.

1 minute ago, Stormpc said:

My only meaningful posts are observations during an event. I am only useful to track Upstream conditions for folks further north otherwise I pretty much suck. I read the form and enjoy the model output and banter from everyone. I don't look at models anymore. No time. Everyone does such a great job here... very satisfied with the content.

Please take this as a lighthearted comment with no malice.  Your post reads like a review on Yelp!

• Haha 2

This place has nice atmosphere at times but the kids running around throwing mashed potatoes at patrons needs to stop.  The change of cooks every 6 hours is nice except when they put too much suppression on things and overcook things with rain.  Waiters can be rude at times and food disappears without warning.  But i understand.  This place can get busy at times and the tips for the staff suck.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

This place has nice atmosphere at times but the kids running around throwing mashed potatoes at patrons needs to stop.  The change of cooks every 6 hours is nice except when they put too much suppression on things and overcook things with rain.  Waiters can be rude at times and food disappears without warning.  But i understand.  This place can get busy at times and the tips for the staff suck.

this feels forced

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic