Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2018

George BM

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Or delay your return and stay down there for the storm...

I MEAN, if I could be sure the storm was going to NC instead of here, this would be an easy choice.

But you just know it's going to tick north and I'm going to get stuck.

Worst scenario: VA gets 2 feet, DC and Raleigh both get fringed and I have to wait for VA to plow to get home.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

The position requires long hours and extreme creativity in ending the misery of others, but the compensation and benefits package are extraordinary.

We do not provide a commission on the number of souls that are reaped. If I recall correctly, I accidentally killed you a few years ago when you were nesting with a bunch of departing weeneis and that necessitated a change in Reaping guidelines.  

See, the problem with such an enthusiastic application is that we here in the Office of the Mid-Atlantic Reaper aim to serve, not destroy. A common misconception about our work. 

It's a hard sell when you start your cover letter with "I will kill everyone."

only those who deserve it. only in the panic room thread, saying "i'm out" or thereof. prematurely ending a life isn't cool. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The position requires long hours and extreme creativity in ending the misery of others, but the compensation and benefits package are extraordinary.

We do not provide a commission on the number of souls that are reaped. If I recall correctly, I accidentally killed you a few years ago when you were nesting with a bunch of departing weenies and that necessitated a change in Reaping guidelines.  

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c0567414c5a5a7273

I always knew I got reaped because of Bonuses. Glad you finally came out and admitted it. 

9 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That's why I don't give the keys to people like @H2O. He would have reaped a quarter of the board by now. 

?

You need to stop hanging out with the weenies. Sometimes, they pray for your demise too. 

If I had my way we would be missing lots of people who can't control their emotions.  Sacrifices have to be made.  There was a reason the Mayans and Incas had tons of snow way back when it snowed in Central America.  They did sacrifices.  There has been a dearth of fresh souls sent to The Weenie Gates. The gods are angry.

Image result for star trek vaal

• Like 1

I was just finding my way to Eastern back in 2009, and missed the discussion and model run-up to the big Dec 2009 storm (the mappy wedding day storm), from comments around here in past years worth of discussions, that was one which wasn't necessarily modeled to be that big until 3 or so days ahead of time? If so, what were the models struggling with in the mid-range on that storm?

8 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I was just finding my way to Eastern back in 2009, and missed the discussion and model run-up to the big Dec 2009 storm (the mappy wedding day storm), from comments around here in past years worth of discussions, that was one which wasn't necessarily modeled to be that big until 3 or so days ahead of time? If so, what were the model struggling with in the mid-range on that storm?

i do not recall much before a week out. the sunday before it was high on my radar, by wednesday I was calling the hotel to see if guests who had saturday reservations, could also get friday night reservations at the same price we had agreed upon for our wedding block. i cannot recall any other specifics on what the models showed. just that it started where i was in frederick around 10pm friday night, and ended 24 hours later. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic