Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December Banter 2018

George BM

1 hour ago, mdhokie said:

Local ski season is getting off to a crappy start. Little opportunity for snowmaking this week with another coastal rainer coming just in time for the weekend. Looking at the long range there might be another rainer the weekend after christmas. C'mon man!

I'm thankful that my seasonal pass includes many places that are much further north.

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Well, I broke the tie lol. Kind of surprised I never voted yet going this long. Any who, I voted for Feb 5-6, 2018 because it was incredible to follow for the days leading up and boy did it deliver. 32.5" later at my old home north of Baltimore. Most snow I ever saw until 2016. That storm was incredible in terms of impact. Feb 9-10 will always have a special place in my heart for the blizzard conditions occurring during the height with 40-50" base around my neighborhood. Not sure I'll ever see that much snow at once where I live ever again. Magical. 2016 might have been my biggest snowfall, but I was working during the event and really stressed out, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I would've liked. I'll certainly never forget it. 

As far as pure impact goes, Feb 2006 is not up there with the big guns, but with regards to impact on me, it was the storm that made my decision to become a meteorologist instead of going for a major in accounting. I was in HS deciding where to go to school, and that storm made me realize how much I wanted to become a meteorologist and forecast the weather, fulfilling my dream of working with the Weather Service. Now, here I am, 12 years later doing what I aspired. That storm, and it's 4.75"/hr rates, thunder and lightning, and measuring in shorts and snow boots will always be etched in my mind. 

I really should not be having memory problems of this magnitude at this age . Try as I might I cannot remember such a big snowstorm occurring in these parts earlier this year :(. All I remember from February is it being freakishly warm at times especially on the 21st. IAD hit 80F that day with DCA hitting 82F lol. I do remember one event this past February giving me in Herndon, VA 1.2" of snow/sleet. I do remember all the other big storms that you mentioned though those were some very fun times indeed.

How did the pattern transpire in order for this storm to occur? Also should I be worried that I cannot remember this event?

I really should not be having memory problems of this magnitude at this age . Try as I might I cannot remember such a big snowstorm occurring in these parts earlier this year . All I remember from February is it being freakishly warm at times especially on the 21st. IAD hit 80F that day with DCA hitting 82F lol. I do remember one event this past February giving me in Herndon, VA 1.2" of snow/sleet. I do remember all the other big storms that you mentioned though those were some very fun times indeed.
How did the pattern transpire in order for this storm to occur? Also should I be worried that I cannot remember this event?

That’s my fault. I meant to say 2010. I’m so trained in putting 2018 on everything, so my appologies. Trust me, nothing happened on those days except panic and disappointment lol

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

My entire life I have wanted nothing more then a HECS right as the New Year starts (you'll probably see this show in my old posts a lot). Whatever winter that ever happens in would easily be my all time favorite.

In 1970 I was living in western Maryland.  It started snowing late in the afternoon of December 31 and snowed heavily until midday on New Year's Day.  Finished with 21".  Still one of my favorite storms ever.  I have been waiting for a repeat of that one with the same timing for a long time.

• Like 1

Why aren't you all talking about the euro?  Did you know it shows snow?   Did you see the weeklies?  BTW did you know 2+2 is 4?  why aren't you talking about that?  You all are so weird.  What's wrong with you?  BTW why doesn't anyone like me.  Did I tell you how weird you all are?  

Have a good day, take care, goodbye.  

PS:  why doesn't anyone like me

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Why aren't you all talking about the euro?  Did you know it shows snow?   Did you see the weeklies?  BTW did you know 2+2 is 4?  why aren't you talking about that?  You all are so weird.  What's wrong with you?  BTW why doesn't anyone like me.  Did I tell you how weird you all are?  

Have a good day, take care, goodbye.  

PS:  why doesn't anyone like me

I see someone got up on the caffeinated side of the bed this morning.  :thumbsup:

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic