Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2018

George BM

42 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Since early November I'm pretty sure the weeklies, seasonals and ensembles have changed 30 times. Ripping and reading at its best in the long range thread

I'll disagree about the ensembles. The good period we're about to exit was very well modeled weeks in advance. Same with the upcoming relaxation. Showed up weeks in advance. The southern storm was nailed remarkably well over 10 days out. Of course none of this means crap becuase our yards got gut punched and now our lawns will be growing again soon. 

Weeklies have been unreliable as hell as usual except week 3 and even that's a stretch. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I'll disagree about the ensembles. The good period we're about to exit was very well modeled weeks in advance. Same with the upcoming relaxation. Showed up weeks in advance. The southern storm was nailed remarkably well over 10 days out. Of course none of this means crap becuase our yards got gut punched and now our lawns will be growing again soon. 

Weeklies have been unreliable as hell as usual except week 3 and even that's a stretch. 

No doubt Bob, I think the difficulty/perception gets a little muddled because we look at every model run everyday so the changes even small are highlighted.  This hobby is exhausting and not so predictable. 

5 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

No doubt Bob, I think the difficulty/perception gets a little muddled because we look at every model run everyday so the changes even small are highlighted.  This hobby is exhausting and not so predictable. 

Yea, whenever we're struggling (basically always) everything gets over analyzed. Guilty as the next guy here... 

It's going to get ugly around these parts over the next 10-14 days or so. We might score cold temps on Christmas but from a long lead storm perspective... it's not looking good for our area for probably longer than anyone wants to admit. We can hang our hats on the fact that long leads have been unreliable and hope for a sudden change for the better but right now my money is on rough times outside of some serious luck in an otherwise notsogood snow pattern. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic