Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2018

George BM

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

I’m going to watch this game today, but my expectations are a bad loss. Anything more will be a moral win. If we win, idk what I’m going to do with myself lol

Yeah I am not sure what to expect, other than a loss lol. Could be close. Its all Jackson though- Flacco inactive again. A bit surprised at that.

Yeah I am not sure what to expect, other than a loss lol. Could be close. Its all Jackson though- Flacco inactive again. A bit surprised at that.

This is the true coming out party for Jackson. If he can just manage this game and keep us close and in it all 60 min, he’ll be the starter for ROS. I just hope defense can hold them into the 20’s to give us a shot. Tall order, I know

6 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

This is the true coming out party for Jackson. If he can just manage this game and keep us close and in it all 60 min, he’ll be the starter for ROS. I just hope defense can hold them into the 20’s to give us a shot. Tall order, I know

The O has to run and use play action and control the clock like they have been. Keep the D fresh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

American beer on the whole is better than German beer now. There’s a reason craft breweries are popping up throughout Europe with a lot of beers being modeled after what’s been brewed here in the last 5 years or so.

Hummm...  Well, bier is like opinions, everyone has their favorites and believes their favorite (opinion) is the best.  While I'll certainly agree many of the US craft brews have come a long way.  Can't agree that "as a whole" the American beer is better than German bier.  Much of that optic depends on what the taste buds are used to.  

Assume you've traveled to and/or lived in Germany before?  If not, then afraid you've likely not had the real thing.  What is brewed in Germany for domestic consumption is not the same as what is sold here under the same brand.  For instance, Dinkelacker in Germany tastes different than Dinkelacker sold in in the USA.  Same for Heineken, which is very different in Amsterdam etc, although I've never been a Heineken fan.  I'm not even going to compare the larger US brews to the larger German biers.  On that level of production, there is no comparison.  For instance, Bud (gag) vs Romer Pils.  

All German biers have an expiration date on the bottle.  Factoring in shipping and distribution time to the US from Germany, a "real" German bier will have already expended a good deal of its life before it gets on the shelf to be sold here.  Thus the additives that many add in Europe to the export product.  

Then there's bier in India, haha.  Try a Rosy Pelican sometime, it's at the bottom of the global scale.  Leo in Thailand is not bad, nor some of the brews in Japan.  In Japan, just like in Germany, the beers they make for domestic consumption are often different than those for export.  The Aussies have some good micro-breweries too, albeit not on near the same scale in volume or variety as here in the US.  Had some great samples in Melbourne and Sydney.  Wish I could remember the names.

46 minutes ago, H2O said:

Skins are so embarrassing 

Indeed.  Thought I'd check out how they are doing.  So sad - should have not wasted the thought.  Been a rough year going from 1st  in the Div to the basement, and this is going to bore further into the abyss.  Not painting a good picture for the remainder of the season.  

3 hours ago, RDM said:

Hummm...  Well, bier is like opinions, everyone has their favorites and believes their favorite (opinion) is the best.  While I'll certainly agree many of the US craft brews have come a long way.  Can't agree that "as a whole" the American beer is better than German bier.  Much of that optic depends on what the taste buds are used to.  

Assume you've traveled to and/or lived in Germany before?  If not, then afraid you've likely not had the real thing.  What is brewed in Germany for domestic consumption is not the same as what is sold here under the same brand.  For instance, Dinkelacker in Germany tastes different than Dinkelacker sold in in the USA.  Same for Heineken, which is very different in Amsterdam etc, although I've never been a Heineken fan.  I'm not even going to compare the larger US brews to the larger German biers.  On that level of production, there is no comparison.  For instance, Bud (gag) vs Romer Pils.  

All German biers have an expiration date on the bottle.  Factoring in shipping and distribution time to the US from Germany, a "real" German bier will have already expended a good deal of its life before it gets on the shelf to be sold here.  Thus the additives that many add in Europe to the export product.  

Then there's bier in India, haha.  Try a Rosy Pelican sometime, it's at the bottom of the global scale.  Leo in Thailand is not bad, nor some of the brews in Japan.  In Japan, just like in Germany, the beers they make for domestic consumption are often different than those for export.  The Aussies have some good micro-breweries too, albeit not on near the same scale in volume or variety as here in the US.  Had some great samples in Melbourne and Sydney.  Wish I could remember the names.

I’ve traveled through Germany twice and wife has familiy there. I’m a bit of a beer geek/snob and truly appreciate German beers, and until five years or so ago I’d have agreed with you. But American breweries are putting out some of the best and most creative beers that we’ve ever seen, so German breweries are learning some lessons from breweries on this side of the pond.

Aussie and Kiwi hops are money though, and many of the best American IPAs owe a debt of gratitude to them.

5 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I’ve traveled through Germany twice and wife has familiy there. I’m a bit of a beer geek/snob and truly appreciate German beers, and until five years or so ago I’d have agreed with you. But American breweries are putting out some of the best and most creative beers that we’ve ever seen, so German breweries are learning some lessons from breweries on this side of the pond.

Aussie and Kiwi hops are money though, and many of the best American IPAs owe a debt of gratitude to them.

Welcome your insight/suggestions on what to try around here - offline if preferred.  In general terms, I'm not a fan of most darks (too bitter).  Prefer a good lager/Pils and/or Hefeweizen, in the summer time.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic