Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2018

George BM

28 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Do share... I'm an IPA man myself. What are your favorites? 

I like a wide range, but as for the biggest of the big, its a local one- DFH 120 Min IPA. It is dry hopped and aged for 2 months in addition to the continuously hopped 2 hour boil. To balance the hops it has a ton of barley, which equals high ABV, around 18%. Its not for everyone, but I love it. Hoppy and boozy, but strangely balanced. Its also unfiltered, which I really like.

19 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

For a more everyday drinkable IPA, I like RAR Nanticoke Nectar, and Flying Dog 'The Truth'.

I love the RAR... I discovered it on tap at Hooked in OC and have since found it canned in several places here on the western shore. I haven't had the truth yet, but i do like most flying dog. Have you had any of the big Stone or Sierra Nevada IPAs?

26 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I like a wide range, but as for the biggest of the big, its a local one- DFH 120 Min IPA. It is dry hopped and aged for 2 months in addition to the continuously hopped 2 hour boil. To balance the hops it has a ton of barley, which equals high ABV, around 18%. Its not for everyone, but I love it. Hoppy and boozy, but strangely balanced. Its also unfiltered, which I really like.

I can't do 120... tried it and it was too floral, too syrupy over-the-top for me. 

Just now, caviman2201 said:

I love the RAR... I discovered it on tap at Hooked in OC and have since found it canned in several places here on the western shore. I haven't had the truth yet, but i do like most flying dog. Have you had any of the big Stone or Sierra Nevada IPAs?

I can't do 120... tried it and it was too floral, too syrupy over-the-top for me. 

Yup, and I also like those offerings.

As for the 120, I totally understand. Like I said, its not for everyone. I like big and boozy. I also like the DFH World Wide Stout, another big, thick, high gravity beer.

Just now, Bob Chill said:

I was putting oil in my daughter's car an hour ago and I had a bright headlamp on.... I swear to god, wasn't on drugs, and wasnt hallucinating... there were tiny snow grains falling...

According to the Justin Berk manual, that’s where the baroclinic leaf is which means deathband setting up over MoCo/HoCo 24 hours from now.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

I was putting oil in my daughter's car an hour ago and I had a bright headlamp on.... I swear to god, wasn't on drugs, and wasnt hallucinating... there were tiny snow grains falling...

That was just moisture from all the area weenies' tears rising in the baroclinic leaf and falling again gently as slightly salty snow particles

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

This isn’t happening. Everything on the northern edge in this airmass will dry up. Suppression is locked in. This is a rare setup where southern VA, NC, northern SC, and the Appalachians get major impacts in early December. Can’t bank on the northern shifts which really are not northern shifts. You are seeing the uncertainty between the southern extent and northern extent of the simulated model precip from run to run. The track and strength of the low itself is locked in. It’s not favorable to our region and will not change. You can will this northern edge all you want, best case scenario in D.C. and the immediate metro to NOVA is flurries. Areas south toward the southern extent of LWX CWA will see accumulating snow and impacts. Areas north will watch their southern neighbors get snow.  The meteorology is simply not there for the majority of our area and you cannot force light lifting mechanisms into a suppressed dry airmass and get meaningful snow. 

1 minute ago, yoda said:

00z UKMET meteogram is 5-6mm of snow at DCA

Lol

• Haha 2

Anyone near Stafford County and south might want to check out the radars. I am probably dead wrong about this and just suffering from severe radar hallucinations, but the radar returns seem to be inching north with time. NWS mentioned something about the press from the north weakening which /might/ allow the precip to move a bit farther north tonight into tomorrow, and I have been glued to the radar all night.

https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

REMEMBER --- You heard it from The Jebman FIRST.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

This has to go down as one of the all time great screw jobs. It's one thing for a pure fish storm or an apps cutter everyone sees coming... but this? This is just wrong. 

I'm 0 for 2.

Well technically I didn't completely whiff on the Nov event- had a slow/sleet coating. So yeah, 0-2.

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Another great Christmas party last night, but damn I was looking forward to enjoying some ipa during the games today.

389E42E7-2381-46DC-BB07-A264D36AFFDA.thumb.jpeg.7b9cd853d13976897a74b498a86ee4e6.jpeg

Nice kegerator - looks like some experience went into the design!  Love some of the IPAs in the area, but am still partial to good ole German bier.  Lived nearly 7 years in Fkt and we used to say the worse German bier is better than the best American bier.  The Swiss know how to brew good stuff too.  Good to see the industry in the USA brewing some good stuff.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RDM said:

Nice kegerator - looks like some experience went into the design!  Love some of the IPAs in the area, but am still partial to good ole German bier.  Lived nearly 7 years in Fkt and we used to say the worse German bier is better than the best American bier.  The Swiss know how to brew good stuff too.  Good to see the industry in the USA brewing some good stuff.  

American beer on the whole is better than German beer now. There’s a reason craft breweries are popping up throughout Europe with a lot of beers being modeled after what’s been brewed here in the last 5 years or so.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic