• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2018

George BM

alright y'all, I'm gonna take a break for a while. chasing down snowflakes shouldn't be something that i have to tip toe around for fear of being hurled sexist remarks. 

hope the VA/NC peeps enjoy their snow. I'll check in next week. xo. 

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

alright y'all, I'm gonna take a break for a while. chasing down snowflakes shouldn't be something that i have to tip toe around for fear of being hurled sexist remarks. 

hope the VA/NC peeps enjoy their snow. I'll check in next week. xo. 

Sorry you had to put up with that. He was a grade A jerk. But enjoy your break from the insanity here. This happens everytime we have a big miss. Mini melt downs commence. Just early this year. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to a cold, dry winter weekend- perfect for finishing some outside projects, stacking some firewood, and finishing off the leaves.

Great football weekend too.

Just picked up some Founders Backwoods Bastard, and DFH World Wide Stout. Gonna pour a Backwoods here shortly.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looking forward to a cold, dry winter weekend- perfect for finishing some outside projects, stacking some firewood, and finishing off the leaves.

Great football weekend too.

Just picked up some Founders Backwoods Bastard, and DFH World Wide Stout. Gonna pour a Backwoods here shortly.

Backwoods Bastard is really good this year.

Decided to say F this cold/bronchitis and just cracked an Aslin Triple Orange Starfish. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, stormtracker said:

Correct.  That's why that storm will happen as is.  It's a lock and there will be no changes.  I'm not even joking.   Imagine if we loved rain.   This hobby would be 90% less stressful.  

I don't know about you but I'm always down for a significant tropical system no matter the time of year. Now let me just remind you... I'm not a puppy so don't...

...well you know.

@mappy @stormtracker @WxUSAF @H2O And all the other admin and mods...

I wasn't going to say anything about this but given what Scud did and some of the tension today I thought maybe I should. I am recovering and will be fine but for the last couple months I've been very sick. I caught one of those respiratory viruses similar to the one that unfortunately took the life of the UMD student. In conjunction with my asthma and my stubbornness to take off work and relax I ended up pretty ill.  

But being on here...the discussion, debates, banter, humor, and camaraderie was great for keeping my spirits up and boredom down.  I'm sure I am not the only one who values the work you all do to make this possible. I just wanted to make sure you know it doesn't go unnoticed. We are an online family and hopefully a few jerkoffs don't make you think you're not valued and appreciated.  

This was from last month. The nurse asked why I was laughing and I got a weird look when I told her it was something someone said on a weather board!  They just don't get it :maprain:

RenderedContent-8FE81F7B-DC6E-48B2-85C9-B2A4C98C03AF.thumb.JPG.a319be678fa7ba59e4f60155f78d432e.JPG

I am sure there are many others who this forum has helped in some way.  Or it's simply an important part of their lives.  Thank you for making that happen!

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Yikes, stay strong friend! 

May the old battle axe, Ma Nature, give us some snow to help you recover!

Thanks. I am getting better. Breathing is starting to feel normal again finally. Just need to get my strength back. Hopefully by the time our big xmas snowstorm hits I will be fully recovered and ready to build snow forts with my son. 

I wasn't going to say anything but I do hope everyone that puts time into this knows how much it means to me and others. Thank you. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Thanks. I am getting better. Breathing is starting to feel normal again finally. Just need to get my strength back. Hopefully by the time our big xmas snowstorm hits I will be fully recovered and ready to build snow forts with my son. 

I wasn't going to say anything but I do hope everyone that puts time into this knows how much it means to me and others. Thank you. 

Damn, dude. A horrible situation but I'm glad that you're on the mend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That just sucks, psu. Glad you’re fighting it off and you’ve seemingly turned a corner.

Consistently getting fringed really takes it out of you, I guess. You need to move south!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Sorry to hear you’ve been ill.  Hope you feel better soon.  

14 minutes ago, mattie g said:

That just sucks, psu. Glad you’re fighting it off and you’ve seemingly turned a corner.

Consistently getting fringed really takes it out of you, I guess. You need to move south!

Thanks. And good luck with your bronchitis...whatever is going around this year it's really kicking people's a$$. They said several people were having the same illness I was. Especially people with asthma.  

3 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

That Scud person was an oxygen thief.

I don't mind the random silliness we have. The newbies. Even the chronic gloom crew. I actually find our eclectic mix entertaining.  But Scud added nothing and he was a total jerk towards everyone.  His comments towards mappy were sexist and inappropriate and it was apparent he was doing it all intentionally.  He quickly entered a short infamous list with idiots like Carbondale...He won't be missed.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I don't mind the random silliness we have. The newbies. Even the chronic gloom crew. I actually find our eclectic mix entertaining.  But Scud added nothing and he was a total jerk towards everyone.  His comments towards mappy were sexist and inappropriate and it was apparent he was doing it all intentionally.  He quickly entered a short infamous list with idiots like Carbondale...He won't be missed.  

Don't forget the Dover kid..

And he actually came back as another user.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic