Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2018

George BM

Looking now!

Eta:  just watched. Love it.   But where is Hulk?  He better have a much larger role in this film.

If you recall, Hulk was super scared by Thanos last movie and refused to come out. Don’t think they want to spoil his emergent moment. There were no fight scenes in that whole trailer really, pretty admirable of them to spoil so little.

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Yep... you should definitely make a snow map now.  Matter of fact you probably should base all your future snow maps solely on the SREF just to cut down on confusion.  

that's a good lol.

i'm off Monday and Charlottesville is not looking so good for heavy snowfall. Do you have any recommendations of where I would drive to see the heavy stuff? thanks

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

If you recall, Hulk was super scared by Thanos last movie and refused to come out. Don’t think they want to spoil his emergent moment. There were no fight scenes in that whole trailer really, pretty admirable of them to spoil so little.

Yeah, not even any scenes with Thanos.  Marvel does an excellent job in giving you very little to keep you in suspense.

For the record, even producers said Hulk was not scared after getting beatdown, but refused to come out as a sort of protest against banner and the way he is treated by the world.

Yeah, not even any scenes with Thanos.  Marvel does an excellent job in giving you very little to keep you in suspense.

For the record, even producers said Hulk was not scared after getting beatdown, but refused to come out as a sort of protest against banner and the way he is treated by the world.

Really? Didn’t know that last tidbit. That’s interesting and not how I took the movie at all but I think I like that better.

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Really? Didn’t know that last tidbit. That’s interesting and not how I took the movie at all but I think I like that better.

Yeah, he resents only being called on when banner and the rest need him, but not being appreciated any other time.  He did have his confidence shaken though.

14 minutes ago, Snowchaser said:

that's a good lol.

i'm off Monday and Charlottesville is not looking so good for heavy snowfall. Do you have any recommendations of where I would drive to see the heavy stuff? thanks

Boone, Barnardsville, Newland, Spruce Pine, and Burnsville all look like they will be hammered.  I lived in AVL for two years, its in a bowl surrounded by massive mountains. Its almost impossible to get more than a foot of snow there.  

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Thanks. I was thinking about it, but I'm not going to chase this time. My initial list of target locations was Roanoke, Boone, Asheville, and Brevard. I would have probably settled on Boone. 

Aside from the long drive, I'm not sure the snow totals would have made it worthwhile to me. Although high end for the area, at this point it's blizzard/big daddy or bust for me. 

I do think I'll try to get a test chase up in upstate NY in the next few weeks to acclimate myself for the real event I'm hoping to experience though, big lake effect. 

I appreciate the suggestions and comments. 

Nice. I've always wanted to visit Boone. Aside from the wx, the great thing about chasing is that you often times get to see an entirely new location. 

Between work and chases, I've done almost 25,000 miles of travel this year. 

Boone is a really nice town.  Beautiful area.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

pretty sure the trailer showed Thanos walking through a field. You could see his hand that has the stones. 

8 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Yep, no interest in another back loaded winter.  No snow by Christmas and I'm rooting for wall to wall torch.  Sick of the same crap, every year.  Punting the prime sun angle season and waiting for some 33f slushy late season mess that is vaporized by 10 am the next day.  **** that.

I apologize for bringing this up when you were posting in panic... but you do realize Christmas is actually only 5 days into winter...and yea yea yea meterological winter starts Dec 1 but our actual snowfall climo winter is really closer to the calendar winter than the met one.  DC avg snowfall before xmas is ~2" and 13" after.  Not sure punting 90% of our snow climo period is a good idea if we like snow.  

24 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I apologize for bringing this up when you were posting in panic... but you do realize Christmas is actually only 5 days into winter...and yea yea yea meterological winter starts Dec 1 but our actual snowfall climo winter is really closer to the calendar winter than the met one.  DC avg snowfall before xmas is ~2" and 13" after.  Not sure punting 90% of our snow climo period is a good idea if we like snow.  

Yeah, I realize that.  Just much prefer early season snow so as not have to watch it get decimated in the sun.  And christmas snow much more important to me...

6 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Yeah, I realize that.  Just much prefer early season snow so as not have to watch it get decimated in the sun.  And christmas snow much more important to me...

Me too BUT since we only get snow around Xmas like 10% of the time I don't get overly expectant or worked up over it. I just assume we won't get snow until January every year. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic