SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2018

George BM

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c09dcf76847345441

Hi there,

For those of us maybe strongly considering a chase...where would you suggest setting up shop?

Id suggest Boone for this one. Wytheville, Va looks close to ground zero as well. Boone is a much nicer town to visit though (kind of like a mini Asheville). I actually chased a bunch last winter around Asheville (the mountains get hammered while the city stays dry).

• Thanks 1

Hi there,
For those of us maybe strongly considering a chase...where would you suggest setting up shop?

If I end up heading back to Arlington for the storm I could hand you off the key to my dorm room in Charlottesville. Much cheaper than a hotel. You’d have to deal with my roommate though. And you could meet up with snowchaser!
  • Haha 1

I feel you all up there in the Mid Atlantic, I REALLY feel ya. My rain amounts have been slashed. This thing is so flat and so damned far EAST, that it is gonna rob ME of my rightful rain, LOL. Down here in south Texas we love rain the way you guys love the snow.

Down here in the Deep South, East Texas and Louisiana ALWAYS WIN, EVERY TIME. They own the House Odds and they ALWAYS WIN.

But - the storm will trend north at the last minute for you guys and DC gets 10-12 inches of snow.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic