Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2018

George BM

1 minute ago, caviman2201 said:

What do you use? I've seen you doing Euro pbp as well

I’ve always used weatherbell until this season and I’m using Weathermodels.  I like some aspects of it but overall, find it SO SLOW and frankly unreliable to get the maps I’m looking for (I.e. they don’t load all the time).  I’m honestly used to the navigation now and prefer it over wxbell...just took some getting used to.  My biggest complaint is how unreliable it is when the data is coming in...or even once the run is done.  I’ve even tried it on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome...all the same issues.  

So... We've established that Weathermodels.com is an s-show. This year is my first time using it after years of using WxBell which was pretty but also very slow. What else is out there besides those two? I'm thinking about going back to WxBell if only because the interface is less confusing. 

Yes, I warned someone of that last month. Graphics are nice, a little cumbersome to navigate, but it is so so slow. I usually check models directly after the run is done and just see what people post for information. I hope it improves, but I’m subscribed until March, so if it’s like this all winter I will not go another year.

5 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

It's odd that, to me, the free ones (TT, Pivotal, College of DuPage) generally have nicer UIs than the paid ones... They just don't have the zoom and the paid models. 

You could easily save $$ by using the free sites and browsing each of the sub forums to get what you need.  I may decide to do that eventually if weather models doesn’t improve its reliability.  

Just now, yoda said:

His new FB post as of 4 hours ago still calls for that potential

It's mean because I want to give him credit for making a bold call. But him just whining about the local media being too cautious, 5 days out, with good reason to be cautious, didn't sit well with me. And besides, if we don't get snow RIC shouldn't.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic