Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2018

George BM

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I laugh at the people that say "I'm out". As if their not going to look at the runs then next few days praying for a miracle. 

I got lucky in that I thought this was going to be squashed the entire time. I need to take that negative attitude into every storm in the future. No letdown then :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I laugh at the people that say "I'm out". As if their not going to look at the runs then next few days praying for a miracle. 

Winter Storm Cirrus to affect the northern mid-atlantic (per the Weather Channel).  Yeah, i'll be watching and hoping too. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I got lucky in that I thought this was going to be squashed the entire time. I need to take that negative attitude into every storm in the future. No letdown then :)

I've been saying for awhile now this looks like a southern hit but it doesn't mean I'm not a little perturbed that my front yard doesn't appear to be in the game. I'm honestly not looking forward to trolling Ji's facebook page the next few days but heh...I guess I have to now.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This. I mean, you and i need a lot of help to see something being as far north as we are, but you better believe i will still check every model run (maybe not when it comes out, but definitely still check it). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Still looks like a wall in new England, though.

It's moving east though (as long as not replaced by another NS middle finger vort) -- but its SW than the GFS' position at the same time frame.  Also, ss sw is much stronger than the GFS at the same timeframe and there's some phasing already occurring.  Like today, its one good thing but a bad thing to offset so we're left with a wash.  I'd still take my chances with a bowling ball as depicted on the NAM.

• Like 1

Just now, caviman2201 said:

So... We've established that Weathermodels.com is an s-show. This year is my first time using it after years of using WxBell which was pretty but also very slow. What else is out there besides those two? I'm thinking about going back to WxBell if only because the interface is less confusing. 

StormVista is the other major site.  Though their maps look like it was drawn by my niece.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic