Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December Banter 2018

George BM

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So it was more for keeping order than for the storm chances?

Yes.  it is silly to think that making a Storm Mode thread makes weather say eff you and take snow away from us.

There was an effort and desire to get things back into shape regardless of outcome.

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Maybe meaningful is not meaningful enough when we need bigger trends around here. I don't think I can play the "inches north" game with this one...For me, it's either seeing something different with the shortwave, or nothing at all

Might not happen that way. Could be a fairly big shift over 2-3 consecutive runs. 

11 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Anyone think the 12z Euro has this thing nailed? It still may miss south, but it ain't gonna go down quite like that. 

I expect come incremental, maybe meaningful, changes over the next few model cycles. Still some uncertainty with the NS shortwave(s) coming in off the PAC and the degree of interaction with the ss shortwave, and that is key to how this system evolves.

Some here need to step back from their computers for a bit.  Or go dig up images of old model runs showing a snowstorm to give them the hit they so desire.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So it was more for keeping order than for the storm chances?

Some, yes... but I don't think anyone should be throwing in the towel just yet. We have seen storms make last minute shifts, both in our favor and not, plenty of times before. Atmospheric memory jokes aside... I expect this to come north a little bit. Maybe not a KU storm like we had all hoped it would be, but I don't think we will all be smoking cirrus come Monday. 

While I get that "storm mode" is early to some, the LR thread really was sorting through a haystack to find good posts. Nothing necessarily wrong with that when things are quiet, but when its active, and we are all chasing a threat... its best to try and keep things in line/check. Sadly, it seems it requires us having to go into Storm Mode for people to dial it back, instead of being able to do so on their own. 

I'm not the most knowledgeable here, and I know that many dislike me... but I do want the thread to be readable, and if Randy wants storm mode, then I will happily help keep things clean, even if that means I am compared to someone's ex-wife. Such is life, I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

Some, yes... but I don't think anyone should be throwing in the towel just yet. We have seen storms make last minute shifts, both in our favor and not, plenty of times before. Atmospheric memory jokes aside... I expect this to come north a little bit. Maybe not a KU storm like we had all hoped it would be, but I don't think we will all be smoking cirrus come Monday. 

While I get that "storm mode" is early to some, the LR thread really was sorting through a haystack to find good posts. Nothing necessarily wrong with that when things are quiet, but when its active, and we are all chasing a threat... its best to try and keep things in line/check. Sadly, it seems it requires us having to go into Storm Mode for people to dial it back, instead of being able to do so on their own. 

I'm not the most knowledgeable here, and I know that many dislike me... but I do want the thread to be readable, and if Randy wants storm mode, then I will happily help keep things clean, even if that means I am compared to someone's ex-wife. Such is life, I suppose. 

Well, I like you.

13 minutes ago, mappy said:

7 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Well, I like you.

I second that--I appreciate what ya do, mother mappy! :)(Besides, SOMEBODY has to be the adult around here when weenie emotions run wild...lol) I understand now why yall did what ya did this afternoon!

15 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Well, I like you.

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I second that--I appreciate what ya do, mother mappy! :)(Besides, SOMEBODY has to be the adult around here when weenie emotions run wild...lol) I understand now why yall did what ya did this afternoon!

thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

its actually an inverted trough, but i agree... good stuff. 

11 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Storm mode? This isn't NC lol

6 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

I agree, premature

log off and don't come back then. not sure what to tell you guys. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

its actually an inverted trough, but i agree... good stuff. 

log off and don't come back then. not sure what to tell you guys. 

Oh I thought I saw a met say it was a norlun... maybe they were saying it wasn't a norlun.  Can't remember and certainly can't identify it myself, which is why I dropped it in banter.

Thanks for the correction :) Its hilarious to see one county under a winter storm warning.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic