Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2018

George BM

Just now, Snowchaser said:

Great update from DT!! here it is in short.

''around 3 inches in Washington to Baltimore is most likely, with the chance for 8-9 inches,

and a good chance for a historical snowfall from Charlottesville down into south western Virginia" 

He’s putting out snowfall totals already?  Gutsy.

2 minutes ago, Snowchaser said:

''around 3 inches in Washington to Baltimore is most likely, with the chance for 8-9 inches,

and a good chance for a historical snowfall from Charlottesville down into south western Virginia" 

Oh yeah? So like December 2009? Wonder if we have anyone in this forum who can recall that storm

For those of us who don't know, can someone in here decipher that Euro weeklies 500 setup everyone is drooling over in the main thread? I get the ridge in the west and the trof in the east being good but what else makes it drool worthy? 

Also I think it's Bob who keeps saying how good it is that the polar vortex is being beat up... Why is that such a good thing? 

Lastly we all make fun of anyone looking at a 384hr op map... Why does a 1000+hr weeklies map have any chance of even being close to accurate? Does the decreased resolution and fewer products allow them to maintain accuracy at range? 

Just now, caviman2201 said:

For those of us who don't know, can someone in here decipher that Euro weeklies 500 setup everyone is drooling over in the main thread? I get the ridge in the west and the trof in the east being good but what else makes it drool worthy? 

You are going to be shoveling feet of epic pattern by New Years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, caviman2201 said:

Also I think it's Bob who keeps saying how good it is that the polar vortex is being beat up... Why is that such a good thing? 

Higher heights over Green Land and the AO domain equals -NAO and -AO.  Ridge out west and trough in the east signals stormy chances in the east.  50/50 low to lock in confluence.  All classic signs for high chances for frozen precip in the Mid-Atl.  

A consolidated, strong PV keeps cold air up in Northern Canada/Arctic Circle.  If it gets beat up/perturbed/elongated, better chances for cold air to spill down into lower Canada/CONUS.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Snowchaser said:

I wouldn't be giving amounts anywhere yet. This storm has at least 3 more plot twists to go

• Like 2

Just noticed someone really started a thread for the Thursday flurry event.  Seriously?  sigh....   Seen some interesting threads started over the years, but for this?  Maybe it's just a test for the Mods?  Please tell us that's the hidden motivation.  At least we haven't seen a proposal for a radio show to discuss in detail whether we'll get 8 or 10 individual flakes out of it...  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic