Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2018

George BM

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

Sounds familiar. I have been fighting a cold/flu for 10 days now. Thought it was so wonderful I shared it with my wife. Teach her to give me grief. :D

Yikes. Hope y'all get better soon. My wife been fighting a sinus cold for a week now and I just couldn't get away and it caught up to me this morning. Woke up with sore throat and feeling like blah. I'm gutting it out at work, but I could really use some rest and Nyquil. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Yikes. Hope y'all get better soon. My wife been fighting a sinus cold for a week now and I just couldn't get away and it caught up to me this morning. Woke up with sore throat and feeling like blah. I'm gutting it out at work, but I could really use some rest and Nyquil. 

You probably should be getting some bed rest. I was away on a trip when I got sick so i never had a chance to rest because I was so busy. Paid for it as this has held on. Finally had a chance to take it easy the last few days and I am finally now shaking it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

27 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

You probably should be getting some bed rest. I was away on a trip when I got sick so i never had a chance to rest because I was so busy. Paid for it as this has held on. Finally had a chance to take it easy the last few days and I am finally now shaking it.

I hear you both.

Our kindergartner was sick for a while, and it finally got my wife, 15-month-old, and me about 5 days ago. It’s been a really rough weekend. Went from a horrendous sinus situation to setting in our chests over a couple days. I feel quite a bit better today, but the wife is really struggling with a cough, so I’m staying home to take care of the little one. Hopefully will help me rest a little, as well.

Hope you and your families feel better soon!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I hear you both.

Our kindergartner was sick for a while, and it finally got my wife, 15-month-old, and me about 5 days ago. It’s been a really rough weekend. Went from a horrendous sinus situation to setting in our chests over a couple days. I feel quite a bit better today, but the wife is really struggling with a cough, so I’m staying home to take care of the little one. Hopefully will help me rest a little, as well.

Hope you and your families feel better soon!

Thanks Mattie. Same to you! Sinus stuff really stinks. Just drains the life out of you. My wife is making progress now, so at least I have a time table to work off of. I have off this weekend starting Friday, so I'll be resting up big time come then. 

24 minutes ago, H2O said:

Nope.  Weather doesn't bother me like it does for you.  i get more upset at a 100 light string of xmas lights only half working.

I'm with you on the half lit strings...   and it seems the bad bulb is always the LAST one that you check. 

A suggestion - get this little red zapper thingy from Home Depot that is designed to fix bad strings.  You remove a bulb, insert the empty socket in the string into the thingy and pull the trigger (it looks like a plastic pistol).  The device sends a shock down the line to essentially short across the bad bulb.  You may need to zap the string 4-6 times, but in most cases it works.  The string comes back on except for the burned out bulb.  I was skeptical when I bought it 10 years ago, but it really works well and is worth the investment.  It is an integral part of our decorations now.  That said, over the past few years we've gradually converted to LEDs.  Took advantage of after Christmas sales to support the transition. 

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

5JqS9A5.jpg

How well does the job pay? Are there bonuses for the more souls you reap? Are there any issues if one were to help to boost up the weenies expectations only to drop the hammer later? And does all the funding received need to be invested for accommodations for the lost souls or can one purchase a Ferrari or a summer home or some such?

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic