Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2018

George BM

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Lol you should have seek the epic meltdown he had on my twitter after I posted that snowmap poking fun at him. 

WeathermanB was it? I did some searching on this forum and found a lot of negativity by this one poster in Dover. All he seemed to care about was school closures, what a kid

Welcome to the MA subforum

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Snowlover101 said:

Why so much hate on this new guy? 

I mean seriously. Lol 

Because you’re annoying af and don’t know when to take a hint. That’s probably why. I mean, so far your posts have been the only one disappearing in that thread and you don’t get the hint.  I didn’t delete them by the way, multiple moderators have tho.   Help me help you.  Chill.  

• Like 2

I'm a grown adult with a job I absolutely hate.  

the reason I'm here is because I have a passion for winter storms.

I'm a former member of AccuWeather forum.

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Because you’re annoying af and don’t know when to take a hint. That’s probably why. I mean, so far your posts have been the only one disappearing in that thread and you don’t get the hint.  I didn’t delete them by the way, multiple moderators have tho.   Help me help you.  Chill.  

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

You're not the first new poster and won't be the last. Virtually all of us have been where you are regarding learning the etiquette of the forum. 

You have to read more and pull back on the enthusiasm. 

If you want to post the way you've been posting with snowmaps and one liners, that's fine, but it's better suited for banter. 

Analysis and questions that have a broader focus than specifically in your backyard should be in the main thread, along with the occasional joke. Everything else goes everywhere else. 

Some posters don't do that all the time--that's true. But all of those posters have built a reputation of contributing solid observations or good analysis (or keeping the subforum sane) and get a little more rope to post random things because we know that they'll rein it in when the moment calls for it. 

Passion is fine. We are all weenies. But if we're going to keep the professionals and others around we can't post everything that comes to mind to blow off steam, garner a laugh, or share excitement. Actually, you pretty much can, but it has to be in the right thread. 

So when you're thinking about posting in the main thread, just ask yourself if it is something that is going to be relevant or useful to the rest of the board. If not, put it somewhere else or don't post it at all. That will make your experience and everyone else's better.

Even now, for every one post I make there are about 3 or 4 that I don't even bother to hit submit on. 

Thanks man, I really appreciate this 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, PCT_ATC said:

change of pace ...  when do you think the skins will pick up K. Hunt.  After all they picked up the S.F dude .    Any fantasy Footballers here?   S. Ware  RB (k hunts replacement) or M. Breida (SF) RB

I'm hurting at RB and I'm thrilled I got Ware. I think he will be enough to put me in the playoffs and then it's any given Sunday. I was pissed I dropped Aaron Jones right before he was unleashed and Dalvin Cook and David Johnson have been screwing me all season.  If you have to pick Breida or Ware, I say Ware. Game flow and match up are better imo. 

Hello greetings from California. Helping out with the wild fires with FEMA Corps. I got to say it’s nice when you get to see the model runs come in early. I will be coming back to mid Atlantic for winter break from late December to Early January so it would be nice getting snow around then. For the young people on this forum AmeriCorps is a great opportunity.

• Like 2

@Snowchaser this forum can be chippy as hell if you're not in the "in crowd" but it's also full of really brilliant weather minds and people who love for snow like I do, so 8 years later (plus several on EasternUSWX) I'm still here. Under 1400 posts in 8 years, mostly obs and banter and I'm in here lurking nearly all day every day. I almost never post in the non-banter threads because I almost never have anything useful to add and I'd rather just follow this forum like a weather soap opera. Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 6

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic