Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Still squashed. But a stronger vort this time and a much better precip field as well. It is a miss. But just barely.

And SW VA gets blasted on this run as well. 

yeah, i like this run.  Reasonable improvement so far.  Little better ridging out in front before it hits "the wall"

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, winterymix said:

True, that.  Still, the menu is very easy to use at http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/mmb/gmanikin/fv3gfs/fv3images.html

LOL thanks :) 

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I don’t mean harm when I say this, but some of y’all need to brush up on model interpretation.  

stooooorrrrrmmmmmmm moooooodddddeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Just keep it close baby. I don't want to be in the bullseye until the final 72 hours.  Just keep it right on our doorstep for now and I'm happy. 

Absolutely.  i know I'm likely fringed, but as we live so close, i root for the same evolution as you guys and what happens, happens.  Congrats to your backyard.  Mine may still get white.  All good and a win nontheless.

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Just keep it close baby. I don't want to be in the bullseye until the final 72 hours.  Just keep it right on our doorstep for now and I'm happy. 

i know this is a weenie handbook thing but historically, the GFS has always been the last to catch on to big coastal storms

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

The difference in the Canadian is mind boggling. Until the GFS initially has our low gaining latitude over the states instead of off the east coast it’ll be a miss

the GGEm is close to how @showmethesnowdescribed what he thought would happen...a transfer from TN or something off the coast

• Like 2

Just now, PivotPoint said:

lol at storm mode this far out

Why... it would stop the posting of "it is getting squashed"... to only have the same person 3 post later saying... "well maybe not"... or someone saying "this is going to be bad" but if they actually know what they are looking at, would know better.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic