Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

The really heavy stripe moved notably north. 1.5" into SoMD now. Another 75 miles north and well...you know 

My gut says we see snow from this.  And I’m not ruling out a warning-level storm though I think the chances of that are low right now but obviously on the table given the small shift at this range that we’d need.

And is it me or does it feel like we’ve been tracking this forever?  And its still 5 days away lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Snowfall map steadily increases as you move S/SW from DC.

<1” Baltimore

3” DC

4” S FFX County

7” EZF

Keep on pushin'! Gonna be an interesting next few days (that is if models don't go right back south tomorrow, lol If I were a betting man, I'd wager at worst things stay the same in 6z and 12z suites...and perhaps better? Just my wild, mostly unscientific guess, lol)

How is this barely precip into bwi?? Farthest N of every op and by a fair amount.

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_7.png

This suite was full of corrections.  Better data sampling likely the cause.  Fully expect more improvements on Wednesday maybe not in succession, but I've seen these corrections enough in the past to get a sense where we are headed. Fasten your seatbelts guys and gals fun times ahead.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

How is this barely precip into bwi?? Farthest N of every op and by a fair amount.

This suite was full of corrections.  Better data sampling likely the cause.  Fully expect more improvements on Wednesday maybe not in succession, but I've seen these corrections enough in the past to get a sense where we are headed. Fasten your seatbelts guys and gals fun times ahead.

Yeah, I too was pleased w/ the shifts noted on the 0z's and think that BWI and N still get in the game.  

• WxUSAF locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic