Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

15 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Yeah if the 0z suite tonight doesn't trend back north with the storm, I'm starting to think it's option 2 or nothing for us. I think option 1 would be pretty hard to come by at that point.

Or option 3...not sure what that is but I am ready for anything now

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

It’s hard to believe that is not a perfect setup for a monster storm. 

Right? Looks like the low near Nova Scotia wants to pinch off and form a 50/50 and the energy near the Dakotas ready to dive into the stj energy via the pumping of the +pna out west in response to that monster ull/trof building South of Alaska. Fun to dream anyway.

Icon trending towards even lower heights over the northeast. 

I suppose the idea of a phase could throw a curve but looking at all the guidance the last 48 hours the trend has been more suppressive with the NS not less and it's been offsetting improvements in other areas so that we're still treading water. 

We are well within the standard deviation of all the globals right now.  Also the models generally dont handle the northern stream very well at range so we are still a day or two away from a good idea of what the northern stream will do.  Its a big player in this equation so we are just gonna have to give it some time.  its pretty clear the southern stream is gonna have what we need.  Overall just gotta wait and see how this evolves over the coming days, but all the players are on the table and whoever gets into snow will likely see heavy snow with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey what do u guys think of the nam 0z run I know it’s far but cmc first signaled January 23 2016 snowstorm and nam had it on radar since 84hrs ... than cmc brought it back dumb late but the point is Nam’s the furthest north and at 84hrs it looks like the cmc few nights ago when it was at 180 away. 

31AA9F0D-D129-419E-A00B-AEE68198062E.png

28F9FD74-A4B9-4F30-B570-666FE024C0AF.png

End result of cmc that run looks horrible for us but remember back in 2016 a few days before January 23 blizzard, the cmc also had a perfect positioned low with a great track but mostly rain 

54191C3A-5D3C-4628-9C02-101B55E574C4.png

But it we all know what happened that week

2906AF2F-C328-497A-8412-9D6D2335C3D2.jpeg 

Lets not forget nam nailed January 4th 2018 snowstorm

3 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

All the players will be coming onshore/in play by Thursday. Will have a much better look at things then. 

As much as it's fun to track storms so far out I've never seen models be routinely correct in this time frame. 

We wait. It will be interesting to see which model had the best forecast at this range. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic