Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Been scary consistent for over 2 days. Going on like 10 runs now. Not sure what to say about it except I really pray it’s right. Grandpa GFS has been lurching around like a drunk uncle on thanksgiving. At some point, one of the two of them will cave to the final outcome.

We all have that uncle lol

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Been scary consistent for over 2 days. Going on like 10 runs now. Not sure what to say about it except I really pray it’s right. Grandpa GFS has been lurching around like a drunk uncle on thanksgiving. At some point, one of the two of them will cave to the final outcome.

Yea, here's the last 6 @ h5. The last 2 are basically identical...

ra0jYOT.gif

16 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

It doesn't work all the time because it relies on guidance getting the longwave features fairly accurate but I look at them and it's signaled we were in trouble a few times the last few years when a medium range threat looked good but the analog guidance suggested a more north track. In most cases the NWP shifted to better reflect the analog guidance. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

GEFS adding to the number of solutions where the trailing energy phases and brings a low up the coast a day or 2 later. Another hint that the large scale synoptics are far from nailed down with the overall evolution. 

That's what I was thinking the U.K. was about t do from the look at 144.  It's been a trend towards that option across guidance. It's another variable. 

14 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

The day the GFS lost its medium range chaos, a day that will live in weenie history!

21 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The FV3 is basically a carbon copy of it's 6z self and only slightly different that the 2-3 runs before that. If nothing else, the new gfs is showing consistency. Something the old gfs was never good at. 

I've been impressed with it overall through the fall when I started really paying attention. 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Right after Al Gore invented the internet. 

Marcus and I created Eastern, which then became this place.   Brian and Ian came on later (eastern) and helped to build it even more.  

That's the history lesson for today class.    Next class: the FV3 and it's increasing popularity....until it whiffs.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Nah, not just you. Before coronation I'd like to know that the old king has anointed the new. 

It feels like we're close in, but we're not. We're only starting our ride on the roller coaster. 

what? pretty sure I've been watching most here go through emotional ups and downs since friday. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Just me but the euro needs to be in the same ballpark or this just doesn't feel all that great even with time still 

Yeah, I need the Euro on board and then that's when I'll start getting excited.  But the UKMET being suppressed kinda makes me think the Euro will do the same.

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Marcus and I created Eastern, which then became this place.   Brian and Ian came on later (eastern) and helped to build it even more.  

That's the history lesson for today class.    Next class: the FV3 and it's increasing popularity....until it whiffs.  

Well then, a big thank you!

17 minutes ago, ohwxguy said:

12z Ukie is suppressed. Through 7 am Monday morning precip is mostly confined to NC, TN, KY, and extreme southern VA.

Ukie, ICON, and 00z Euro are all similar.  But they're from Europe.  They won't be able to properly sample this storm until it hits Portugal.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• WxUSAF locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic