• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

Man, that band is aimed at Gray like a firehose. Maybe it can hold out for a bit. 

It almost looks like it's getting some enhancement from the lee side of Frozen Head, but may be reading too much into it after the last few days. 

I'd say there is some kind of convergence facilitated by the orientation of the valley helping it along. 

giphy.gif 

• Like 1

It had switched to rain but now is mixing back with snow again here! I think it’s because a little bit heavier returns moved overhead. Maybe it will switch back for you guys up that way too. Meanwhile, I don’t know if we’re going to make it to 43 today given this precip that moved in. The temp climbed to 37 before the heavier precip moved in and has steadily dropped. It’s now 33.

Well that was a brief dip to 33. Precip quit and now back to 34. It was fun while it lasted I guess

20 minutes ago, Jed33 said:

It’s coming an all out monsoon here at the house currently! So far 1.55in of rain today. 0.20in this AM and 1.35in just this evening. Of which 1/2in has fallen in just 20min!! Having an occasional lightning strike and clap of thunder too! 10 day rule???

Holston and Jed, pouring here.  My normal jogging route is likely going to be flooded tomorrow.  Ugh.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

FYI: I started  a thread about long term flooding in the lakes forum along the OH and MS rivers....the TN and Cumberland river are part of the OH river water shed .....so some of us are discussing the flooding threat over here

Thanks for the heads up.  Appreciate the thread.

Yeah it’s getting bad around here now! Thankfully it’s slacked off some, but my neighborhood is flooded and a car just stalled out. I live on a ridge but there is a slight dip at the bottom and a storm drain. It’s never backed up this bad. I imagine there is close to 2ft of water there right now. No one can get in or out.

7B064C9D-A4EE-46E8-8A94-76F7DFDC15F1.jpegThat’s my neighbor in the road where it goes up a small hill. Just goes to show you what flash flooding can do, even in areas that aren’t normally thought of as flood prone.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Picked up 2.75” in about 4-5 hours. Basically In rained more today than it has snow in 2 years comparing inches.

I couldn’t figure out whether or not to like, laugh, or cry at that statement. It is sad that we are measuring today’s rainfall like it was snow fall. Ended up with 2.62in at the house.

Pretty incredible flooding along the various Greenbelt areas in Kingsport.  Riverfront Part is pretty much under water.  Areas upstream near the PetSmart area are flooded.  I saw that one radar estimate had my area at 2" of rain.  Just looking at some washouts(that weren't there before!) in my yard, I think it might have been much more than that.  Areas along Riverport Rd were very close to being in the water(like 1-2' horizontally from the roadway).  Water was hitting the bottom of the Riverport bridge over the sluice.  The amount of water in the urban streams, even this afternoon, is impressive.  The South Fork of the Holston is rolling today.  Incredible amounts of water.  Hopefully, amounts are minor for the next couple of weeks or we might have some trouble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1