• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

Seeing a mix of drizzle and snow here now. Temp is 34 though and moisture moving out, but since today is my birthday, I’m considering it a huge win! Can only count on one hand the number of days it’s snowed or there was snow on the ground for my day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jed33 said:

Seeing a mix of drizzle and snow here now. Temp is 34 though and moisture moving out, but since today is my birthday, I’m considering it a huge win! Can only count on one hand the number of days it’s snowed or there was snow on the ground for my day. 

Happy Birthday!!!!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, John1122 said:

Snow is now falling with times of freezing drizzle in-between. The ground is now covered, temps are down to 29. It's falling beneath the radar reach, which isn't terribly uncommon for the Plateau. We're on the edge of several different radar sites.

I got a funny story. At my house, I had no snow on the ground when i woke up. I just left for work and when I reached the top of my driveway and went on my road, there was a dusting on the grass all the way to La Follette.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Chattanooga downtown, nothing; East Brainerd, flakes no stick; Ooltewah dusting. Coworkers in surrounding areas report 1-2 inches on mountains. Elevation was huge as always.

Below is why Knoxville got an inch. TRI should still get snow this morning. Note the kink in clouds coming up your way. Develops too late for CHA, so hideous I can only laugh.

Anyway the slight s-curve in the clouds is the short-wave (8 am Eastern Time). Little whiter clouds approaching Knox confirm lift. Radar was still OK for Knox at the time. As of this writing (9:15 ET) still some upstream of TRI. Image is channels 7-14 right after sunrise; so, it has helpful characteristics of both VIS and IR.

Knox-wave.PNG.c84e4d038e055dd28d8ddddcc47ac185.PNG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kentucky said:

Screenshot_2019-01-29-12-17-16.png

On 1/24/2019 at 4:01 PM, John1122 said:

Elevation always helps!

5 hours ago, Daniel Boone said:

Zilch here as of 9:20 am. Heavy band that moved up the great Valley missed to my south and east. Bummer !

On 1/26/2019 at 7:33 AM, AMZ8990 said:

Picked up a good dusting at the house last night, woke up with light snow in the yard as well as on the cars and other items outside.  

Hey, it's something Kentucky! I really wish you guys could get a break. I REALLY hope the warm-up we get is transient.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BlunderStorm said:

Hey, it's something Kentucky! I really wish you guys could get a break. I REALLY hope the warm-up we get is transient.

Yeah, convinced I live in the worst place for snow in the entire state. Usually takes something to spin up in the south, to even have a chance.

45 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Some of the snow associated with the arctic front is making it across the plateau. If I see a flurry I'll count myself lucky. 

giphy.gif 

We got lucky,the heavy band came through here in Willimason Co,we probably got 1/2".Enough to close schools anyways

• Like 3

Really interested in the radar this AM. Most guidance had this band north of all but SW VA over the past few days. Interestingly the UK, on its 0z and 12z 1/30 run, showed more of it getting into the area as as snow. Every single other model had it north of us. 

giphy.gif 

AGAIN the above is an old run

At that point I decided that people were probably burnt out from tracking something only to have it evaporate closer and said to mysely, well, we'll give it a few runs. Sure enough it moved north. 

Well, here we are. 

Looks like we do have a warm nose with this this morning, but it looked like we had one a couple of weeks ago when some of us got some very wet snow. This precip. doesn't look as intense as that system's, but definitely interested to see if any of us can see a little snow out of this. Sometimes these warm air advection thingys can over perform just after a very cold airmass. Is ice a concern as well? This thing isn't ripping up the valley, but coming in from the W and NW

giphy.gif