• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

8 minutes ago, Knoxtron said:

Nice little burst of sleet in West Knoxville/Hardin Valley area. Started accumulating on cars and grass, but seems to be switching to mostly rain now. Raw weather none the less!

Definitely over performed in East Knoxville too. Actually still getting a flake or two mixed in. 

Had another burst of heavy snow, looks like it's about to pass on by after this. MRX had initially forecast this might happen but had backed off, I think one run or two I saw of the RGEM showed it, the NAM if I recall showed it in SWVA and extreme NETN. I'd guess an inch of snow fell, but due to mixing issues I seemed to have peaked at 1/2 inch or so of ground coverage. TDOT had to deal with issues on I-75 and schools dismissed.  Probably could have ridden it out on schools, as I don't expect any issues at all this afternoon.

I’ve been in Rutledge most of the day. On the way over here from a Morristown, snow started mixing in around Bean Station at about 10:30. Then it switched to heavy snow, flakes as big as any I’ve ever seen anywhere! Snowed till about 12:30. Totally didn’t expect that. It probably was between 1/4-1/2in on the grass, decks, and cars at the height of it. Now it’s melting off. Wife said it was snowing heavily in Morristown too. I guess the precip rate was heavy enough to drag down enough cold air to switch it over. Man, what I wouldn’t have given for the temp to have been just a few degrees colder!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BillT said:

which model had this snow today and how long ago did they start showing it please? according to the other place this stuff today is not happening because no model showed it.

The RGEM pretty much saw it 40+ hours out and I believe the NAM 12km sort of sniffed it out around 30 hours in advance. The NAM 3km on the other hand never really did grasp it. I believe as one of the posters here described it, the 3km sometimes seems to try too hard on the terrain features and elevation. With all that considered, the actual event overperformed all models at least for me.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Icy Hot said:

As soon as the rates slowed down temperature went back up 2° it's now a light drizzle.

The exact same thing occurred here in the last 5 minutes. The current temp is now 36. My final total is exactly 1 inch barring any redevelopment ahead of SWVA. About 1.5" is on the grass.

• Like 1