Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2018 General Discussion

snowlover2

Awesome pics you guys!

The snow has returned.  Its beautiful out.  Several inches the past couple days... enough to freshen things up.

A couple pics from throughout the day.  Went to Marquette and it was super busy. Got what I needed and split.

Intersection of my road and the main road

IMG_1542.thumb.JPG.ca105958a23b7025041eb0dd36459c5d.JPG

snowshoeing around my place

IMG_1550.thumb.JPG.d712e632992ecd4795163d2d7114539e.JPG

Zoomed way in on this huge ass owl I saw in the distance.

IMG_7943.thumb.JPG.4af0ba59616dd14bb818979054a6b313.JPG

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Awesome pics you guys!

The snow has returned.  Its beautiful out.  Several inches the past couple days... enough to freshen things up.

A couple pics from throughout the day.  Went to Marquette and it was super busy. Got what I needed and split.

Ugh, I need to live up there ut not sure my wife would be for it lol

50 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Awesome pics you guys!

When the main road is still a dirt road you know you are remote :P

• Like 1

Boring December weather wise, nothing in the forecast to close out the month. But on the other hand, My son is bouncing off the walls for Christmas, he’s 3, so it’s the first year he’s been truly excited and it’s a nostalgic feeling. And daddy treated himself to a brand new 65” 4K TV just in time for the bears playoff game! 

Merry Christmas everyone. And here’s to a central Illinois big dog in January or February. Lord knows we are due. God bless. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Yep, a stark contrast to November.  Look to finish Dec with 0.2" here.  Normally I'd be lighting up the complaint thread by this point, but the November storm made the whole winter for me.  FWIW the new Euro still shows the system around the early part of the new year.  

Half the board would be on weenie suicide watch without that big one to start. Lack of snow on Christmas always sucks, but hopefully January will be rocking 

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Merry Christmas everyone and here's to a New Year filled with snow for all!

The extent of our subs white Christmas... snowbelts only pretty much.

DvRLYLIVYAA7O2I.thumb.jpg.9d78d139c5857741520a717b565f2fe3.jpg

Merry X-Mas All

Last week I thought my area was going to be brown but we did eek out one as well with about 4-5" otg. Average for my areas is around 15" otg during X-Mas, haven seen anything close to that so far this year. 

Yes. Only sand on the roads here too, with the exception of us 41 through negaunee and Marquette, I’ve noticed. The “main” road in the pic was gravel until September of this year, when it was paved. My road is dirt and will stay dirt for a long time I’m sure. This time of the year the dirt roads actually stay pretty smooth and white because they rarely get sand, just a plow.

Ready for the storm. 1st call system and lake effect 10-12”... even a brief period of drizzle light rain.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas everyone! Looking like I’ll be in a bad position for the storm later this week, barring a moderate shift south. A few inches on the front end will be followed by rain and a dry slot with crashing temperatures and backend snow showers. Still better then most of the board I suppose, but only a county or two away from the 10”+ totals. 

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope the Christmas gift is for actual winter in January and accumulating snow for all the winter lovers in the sub. While the expected return of a colder pattern was certainly rushed in guidance from a few weeks ago, trends still look favorable for bouts of below to well below normal temps in January. Snow outside of the lake belts remains a wild card, but would be surprised if it's another near shut out for many areas.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (((Will))) said:

Is it dirt? That's how most side roads look up here after a bit. It's mostly dirt from the plow/sand ppl and cars tracking it around. They rarely plow down to the pavement, as you can see in my pic. It's been snow covered since the beginning of November and I'm literally right in town, lol.

Ahh, it looked like a dirt road :lol:

• Like 1

This map should encompass this entire messy storm... a plastering followed by some light rain/drizzle and then some fresh powder to end.

Still thinking 10-12" imby with system and lake... wouldn't be surprised if the le fluffs up and over performs on the tail end, tho.

Hopefully Will can stay all snow longer or completely.

StormTotalSnowWeb1.thumb.png.f372810724b7272913f4cedaa27635fe.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Had a few wind-driven sprinkles earlier.  Should get a nice soaker later tonight/tomorrow morning.  Good test for the new weather station's rain gauge.

A true weather weenie. When you get excited testing out all the aspects of a weather station. You are my hero, for tonight.

• Haha 1