Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I don’t think it’s the PV. The origins of he chaos to me anyways, seem to be in the tropics. But, it’s defintely getting punched around. Hopefully that bodes well in January. 

eventually it will get into the more favorable phases again lol. Werent some of the more favorable looks when it dove into the circle of death?

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It is. I wonder if guidance was too quick on moving it east. That happens. 

I believe part of the positive winter forecasts focused on the fact that the MJO was cycling through the positive phases into the COD. I hope this was not a pattern shift. The popular belief seems to be "delayed not denied"

3 hours ago, LurkerBoy said:

All I'm saying is that it's probably a similar mildness to what global warming will render our December climate to be like in the future on average. 

I've been listening to the pro mets and they have all said to close the shades. If I want cold I'm a weenie, if I go warm I'm ignorant. This forum is hilarious 

I do think AGW has something to do with the broader forcing. A Nino with a positive SOI in December has never occurred according to Bluewave. 

It's screwing with the models and the average pattern. I think the Nino status quo will eventually win out though it's hard to know for sure. 

I hope the Gfs has a clue about that cutter next week, wouldn't mind seeing a potent system.

Its beginning to look alot like 2014.....everywhere I post......December is down the drain, Kevin has gone insane......scooter is sure it never snows again.....Its beginning to look alot like 2015......everywhere I post......January offers hope, please don't tie that rope.....unless your James then double-knot the bow......it aint happening James, scroogie scooter exclaims....right before we see mountains of snow... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

GEFS building a dateline ridge stouter vs 6Z.

And if the last three week's worth of trends can be used as an inference technique... more likely just another in a growing registry of faux pattern leads ....  Amazing how many "sucker" punches.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its beginning to look alot like 2014.....everywhere I post......December is down the drain, Kevin has gone insane......scooter is sure it never snows again.....Its beginning to look alot like 2015......everywhere I post......January offers hope, please don't tie that rope.....unless your James then double-knot the bow......it aint happening James, scroogie scooter exclaims....right before we see mountains of snow... 

Here we come a-weenieing
Among the grass so green
Here we come a-wanderin
No snow can be seen

Warmth and dews, come to you
And to you your weenie too
And God bless you, and send you
A cutter on New Year's,
And God send you a cutter on New Year's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1