Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Brings back memories of road trips as far as the Berks sleds in tow to find the kids snow. You dont know how many times I drove 20 minutes out of SRI to Foster to go sledding on a beautiful hill. I see that hill and kids sledding every once in a while as its near my house, brings back memories. Dont blink man it  goes by faster than you ever could think. 

Feels like my nephew was born just the other day and now he wants posters of rappers smoking ganja for Christmas. :oldman:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I must have looked at the wrong data, change maps

IMG_20181215_071941.jpg

IMG_20181215_071947.jpg

There's a lot of datasets out there, so the SST data can be pretty confusing. The CPC data shows a decidely Nino-state. It's pretty weak as everyone knows, so I'm not sure we should be seeing some crazy departures anyway, right?

05DEC2018     23.1 0.8     26.2 1.1     27.6 1.0     29.7 1.2

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

There's a lot of datasets out there, so the SST data can be pretty confusing. The CPC data shows a decidely Nino-state. It's pretty weak as everyone knows, so I'm not sure we should be seeing some crazy departures anyway, right?

05DEC2018     23.1 0.8     26.2 1.1     27.6 1.0     29.7 1.2

Yes I agree but since Dec 5th it has started to cool 

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Feels like my nephew was born just the other day and now he wants posters of rappers smoking ganja for Christmas. :oldman:

Lol yep the stages they go through are crazy. I just had a man to man with my Grandson who is attending school near your hood. Not easy these days with all the distractions to focus. Sorry for the OT

Dont you think you should tie rap those wires? What's that white stuff on your roof?

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

While I continue to look up at the elders in here like Steve, Jerry, and others, I am still older than most on the board.  Old enough for a daughter to be planning her wedding and young enough to have distantly-younger daughter who's just a freshman in high school.

The time slips away faster than Blizz's snow on foggy, 50* night in a January thaw.

Speaking of which....I'm pretty sure I'll be down to 0 coverage before the 1/2" of sn/ip comes in tomorrow/night.

IMG_7266 (1).jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Brian, be careful walking here, that's a soft spot, probably plywood rotting. How old is the roof? 

20181215_073415.jpg

Yeah this is my last ot post too. Nice catch. The roof needs to be replaced. We just finished the rest of the house but haven’t finished the garage yet. As for the guy wires, I detached them from the 4 corners to bring the mast down. They’re just sitting up there attached to the top guy ring of the mast for now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

This post is ignorant on so many levels. 

All I'm saying is that it's probably a similar mildness to what global warming will render our December climate to be like in the future on average. 

I've been listening to the pro mets and they have all said to close the shades. If I want cold I'm a weenie, if I go warm I'm ignorant. This forum is hilarious 

4 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

I just explained what I mean. I’m leaving this forum today. You’re all sad bored little men fussing over the one thing in life you can’t control. Puffing yourselves up and sh*tting on anyone who isn’t part of your weird little club. This could be a happy place. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LurkerBoy said:

I just explained what I mean. I’m leaving this forum today. You’re all sad bored little men fussing over the one thing in life you can’t control. Puffing yourselves up and sh*tting on anyone who isn’t part of your weird little club. This could be a happy place. 

Dude do some serious research on the difference between GW, climate, and daily weather.  I think we are all here to discuss weather.  We all know its out of our control.  Bored? You should live our lives and have our adult responsibilities. You sound like a spoiled brat with this comment. While you are away, here's a great link to fill your time  https://www.meted.ucar.edu/training_list.php