Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Cept Scooter said after 12 -25 we flip to cold. You can't claim victory if you move the goal posts.

LOL so now I get blamed for that? :lol: can’t win. It’s certainly a change. I definitely did not expect more of a nina look, but it’s a much better look for colder and snowier weather. But we have a cutter risk and I don’t think it’s a prolonged deep winter look that we would have if the ridge  were more of a +PNA. Hopefully it’s not a frustrating winter.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's a pretty cold look. It's just a gradient pattern though so buyer beware...could be cutters mixed in. 

Scooter had a good grasp on the mild up reshuffle week. Think models struggle a lot during these transition periods.  Where the PV split ends up will determine our sensible weather. The ocean and the atmosphere still remained decoupled in the Nino region but thats NBD for New England.  Lots nino region talk for our lowest teleconnection. I  am much more interested in the EPO PNA

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

10 days in a row of negative departures for ORH should end today.  11 of the first 13 days were BN   -5.0F for the month

Let's see how much the mild up erodes that...

If you recall I had a convo over a week ago with Jerry about a very gentle mild up and that the month was a lock to finish BN at the big 4. There was a lot of disagreement with that . It’s a very very benign mild up

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL so now I get blamed for that? :lol: can’t win. It’s certainly a change. I definitely did not expect more of a nina look, but it’s a much better look for colder and snowier weather. But we have a cutter risk and I don’t think it’s a prolonged deep winter look that we would have if the ridge  were more of a +PNA. Hopefully it’s not a frustrating winter.

Sensitive? I didn't blame you for anything. I just posted we are well inside the correctly called warmer period, calling out Zachs pop for post 12/25 is misrepresenting.

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Scooter had a good grasp on the mild up reshuffle week. Think models struggle a lot during these transition periods.  Where the PV split ends up will determine our sensible weather. The ocean and the atmosphere still remained decoupled in the Nino region but thats NBD for New England.  Lots nino region talk for our lowest teleconnection. I  am much more interested in the EPO PNA

Well ENSO does have a higher correlation with PNA. So we will want to regain the Niño atmosphere to some extent if we want to increase the chances of a +PNA setting up for a prolonged period. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ninja'd me :oldman:

59 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GEFS there totally caved to the EPS gradient idea. 

Squeal like a pig Zach's Pop and call Coastalwx your daddy. 

Really? Your buddy said close the shades for two weeks and some of you may see snow and ice next week. Sadly your EPS hugging buddy will miss it since his shades will be closed 

2 minutes ago, Zach’s Pop said:

Really? Your buddy said close the shades for two weeks and some of you may see snow and ice next week. Sadly your EPS hugging buddy will miss it since his shades will be closed 

Snow and ice? My shades Have been close for days now and will remain closed until I see Santa sleigh.  Did the Home let you walk around again freely?

8 minutes ago, Zach’s Pop said:

You haven't added a single substantive post since you joined here as a "newb." Maybe try to add something instead of only trolling and being an ass?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1