Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nothing better than a snowy day to get you in the mood. helluva way to start a warmup, today is the 13th after all. DDay

Nice Ginxy.  Models yesterday were spitting out measurable precip from eastern NY down towards you but sometimes hard to know what those 0.01-0.05" QPF contours will bring.  Virga, dim sun or a nice steady light snow.

2 hours ago, Greg said:

I miss the days when an old fashioned northeaster would just give an 8"-12" snow in the heart of our viewing area in about 10 hours.  They don't make them like that any more. 

lol, it's true.  Those events are now 12-24"+.  

You are remembering the 1990s when 8-12" was massive and all you'd get ;).

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Actually, I'm remembering the early 1980's and early 1990's for the the Boston area and its surrounding burbs.  These days with all the over-hype and weenie measurements with no settling, it just takes away the normality of what it used to be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

90s sort of started the onslaught of biggies. Now the 80s, he’ll that’s when they broke out the all white shading for 4-8”+ and I literally would pass out.  I still have visions is seeing 8 or 10” on the map and just being in a state of ecstasy. Not kidding either. Let that sink in. That’s how bad it was.

43 minutes ago, Greg said:

Actually, I'm remembering the early 1980's and early 1990's for the the Boston area and its surrounding burbs.  These days with all the over-hype and weenie measurements with no settling, it just takes away the normality of what it used to be.

I'm just busting your chops but you may literally be the only one here longing for the way it was from the 1980s into early 1990s.

18 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Ok so with all the back and forth, i honest to god have no idea what this next storm is going to be like. Somebody tell me what will be going on in the Loon Mtn area...i dont need to know about my area down to the cape...thats easy rain with 40s and maybe 50s

Ok what day lol, its dry there 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I’ve tended to notice more often than not those gradient patterns either end up verifying as full blown torches with a SER or you end up with a massive trof in the east.  It’s unusual that it verifies beyond week 1

Leon just smacked his head...