Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s a legit concern. When we go back and look how we did, this clown measuring is really all we have to go by. It’s a concern for sure. 

Nah, we actually have each other like you and of course the PNS reports around and even in the city of Boston. However, you are absolutely correct when it comes to the "Professional" measurement taken directly a Logan International.  This needs to be fixed.

1 minute ago, Greg said:

Nah, we actually have each other like you and of course the PNS reports around and even in the city of Boston. However, you are absolutely correct when it comes to the "Professional" measurement taken directly a Logan International.  This needs to be fixed.

None of which enter the official record, you should see the Mets clamoring over the latest time to an inch of snow in Boston. We all know its BS

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

None of which enter the official record, you should see the Mets clamoring over the latest time to an inch of snow in Boston. We all know its BS

Latest date is 1/12 I believe in 2000.   Hopefully that won’t be realized because at least that year was legit.

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s a legit concern. When we go back and look how we did, this clown measuring is really all we have to go by. It’s a concern for sure. 

The word is out. I bet the observer makes up for it in one of the upcoming storms. Gerry will report 5" and BOS will come in with 6.8" or something.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The word is out. I bet the observer makes up for it in one of the upcoming storms. Gerry will report 5" and BOS will come in with 6.8" or something.

The Winthrop guy would do that. I understand the issues of wind as I deal with it for every event, but he  did bizzare things. Back in Feb 2013, I remember the 1a report was like 9" or something like that. I had at least 17 at the time. That was when it went full tilt from 00z-06z. And then when the second half of the storm came in....was a lot of 1/2 to 3/4sm snows....he miraculously had like 21" at 12z. :lol:   I swear he looked at the PNS and went "oh shit" and gave the numbers a little help. I saw that in a few storms. 

Ah well, another green Christmas. It'll be Christmas nonetheless. And there is always the chance of some little surprise shooting southeastwards along a cold front just off shore. Or a big surprise as when an off shore monster gets cut off and plasters everyone right down to Long Island with anywhere from 6 to 36 inches. Seen it happen. 

• Confused 1