Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I hear ya.  I've always leaned your style.  Most skiers I know have always appreciated the frankness of that line of thinking... depends on what you are trying to get out of "weather."  If you just want to plan your life by it, there's no need to sugarcoat it.

I do feel there are a lot of weather hobbyists who love snow and come as an escape from their normal lives... they get negative/bad news all day long from the media and whatever, they don't want to come online in their free time and hear more depressing news.  They'd rather focus on the "chance" (like Dumb and Dumber, so you're saying there's a chance) of a positive outcome than the overwhelming likelihood of the flip side of the coin.  

Thats how Bastardi made bank...exploiting that sliver of a chance people want to know exists for a better outcome.  Instead of "Yup it's gonna rain 2 inches and be 50F on the East Coast as a low bombs out over SYR" he'd play the "If all the caribou in Canada start running towards the east, it might be enough to push the storm to the coast and deliver a heavy snowfall for places like State College, Hudson Valley, Worcester and Portland."  

And people love that optimism no matter how ridiculous it is haha.

In my world, I always give my opinion so the decision makers can do what they can. I can’t be wishy-washy because multi million dollar decisions are being made. I call it how it is and try to sound confident even if I’m not lol. Maybe that carries onto here. 

• Like 2