Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

Just now, LurkerBoy said:

Yo...the fact that any of us are wasting our time on this website makes us all weenies.

The fact that some on here love using that term for the less experienced is a weird thing that is a tool of social positioning that is most commonly seen in middle school boys. It is used to make yourself feel better about how little you know/can control. A big boys weather club! 

Scott, you whiffed this one while the “weenies” who remained optimistic were correct. I’m sorry if this pokes a hole in that very visible ego, but thems the breaks!

god bless us one and all

:weenie: :weenie:

3 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

Yo...the fact that any of us are wasting our time on this website makes us all weenies.

The fact that some on here love using that term for the less experienced is a weird thing that is a tool of social positioning that is most commonly seen in middle school boys. It is used to make yourself feel better about how little you know/can control. A big boys weather club! 

Scott, you whiffed this one while the “weenies” who remained optimistic were correct. I’m sorry if this pokes a hole in that very visible ego, but thems the breaks!

god bless us one and all

The very same ones calling you a weenie are the ones who have epic meltdowns when they don’t get snow or bitch because they only got 16” while another town  over got 20”

13 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

god bless us one and all

I don't put up with stupidity. If you're going to be all cold and snow like my Dad, then go to accuweather. It's not always cold and snow, and you guys are just naive to everything that myself and others have said. 

7 minutes ago, Zach’s Pop said:

At the end of the run maybe but not around Christmas. You beloved EPS keep dumping a trough into the SW in the 15 day period than back off as it moves up in time. Did it again last night. Sorry you can’t admit that but hug away. Many ensemble members run storms up the coast and have no gradient look unless you want to call east vs west a gradient. And while all this is going on the PV is getting attacked daily and how that plays out will be the deciding factor on late December and early January. 

Do you have a picture of Judah and GFS wave flux charts above your bed, possibly stuck to the ceiling without glue?  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Zach’s Pop said:

The very same ones calling you a weenie are the ones who have epic meltdowns when they don’t get snow or bitch because they only got 16” while another town  over got 20”

Damn straight...if I expect 30", and get 23", then there is hell to pay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

11-11 to 12-09 is 4th coldest (behind 1989, 1901, 1904, 1971).

Looks like 5th rather than 4th?  ;)  (Though it must be really close to 1971.)
This year should overtake 1901 and 1971 for coldest 11/11 onward, as those years began mild-ups around the 10th.   (1904 and 1989 are out of reach, maintaining the cold.) 

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You're weenie. As such you are treated as one.

The kid has come a long way...cut em a break already.  Sure he was a huge weenie, but he's trying and making improvements.  And he's right...the reason any of us are here is because we are all Weenies at heart...period.        And this isn't about all cold all the time, I think it's more about the fact that a few weeks ago this relaxation looked a lot more impressive than it's actually turning out to be as we come into it.  I think that's where a few are coming at you because you were very adamant about Mai Tai's and warm mild days a couple weeks back...maybe that was just poking the nest, but you know how it goes..

I find it difficult to believe we wipe out the negative departures we've incurred up to this point, with the relaxation that's coming...but that's just my take.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The NAO and EPO will be trending negative during the RNA stretch, so I highly doubt that the gradient is any farther north than I-84 in CT.

It's kind of interesting how you and I think here.  Your gradient seems to want to go from I-84 in Conneticut to I-90 to Boston.  Mine is actually from I-84 to Route 44 to Plymouth.  I find that interesting.  The battle of a good 40 mile difference in gradient this year begins.:)

1 minute ago, Greg said:

It's kind of interesting how you and I think here.  Your gradient seems to want to go from I-84 in Conneticut to I-90 to Boston.  Mine is actually from I-84 to Route 44 to Plymouth.  I find that interesting.  The battle of a 41 mile difference in gradient this year begins.:)

No, I think it will be safely south of Boston......

46 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You do realize the GEFS moved towards that right? 

As I stated numerous times, it's a relaxation not a torch. Yes close the shades because the pattern starting a few days ago is hostile to snow. Myself, Will, Don S and multiple people have said this.  Post 12/25 and even that isn't a given. Keep the faith though I guess. 

Gefs still looks great for xmas week

Just now, WinterWolf said:

The kid has come a long way...cut em a break already.  Sure he was a huge weenie, but he's trying and making improvements.  And he's right...the reason any of us are here is because we are all Weenies at heart...period.        And this isn't about all cold all the time, I think it's more about the fact that a few weeks ago this relaxation looked a lot more impressive than it's actually turning out to be as we come into it.  I think that's where a few are coming at you because you were very adamant about Mai Tai's and warm mild days a couple weeks back...maybe that was just poking the nest, but you know how it goes..

I find it difficult to believe we wipe out the negative departures we've incurred up to this point, with the relaxation that's coming...but that's just my take.

If you thought me saying Mai Tais is any way not embellishing, I don't know what to say. Obviously that's some over the top humor. But yes, a cutter could be coming late next week. 

The problem that frustrates many pros like myself, is the lack of listening or believing and this constant ACATT approach. I love snow more than anyone, but I'm not going to make shit up because I don't like to hear about rain or mild weather. However, that's what many of you do. You don't want to hear about anything that is non-snow. It gets tiring. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zach’s Pop said:

At the end of the run maybe but not around Christmas. You beloved EPS keep dumping a trough into the SW in the 15 day period than back off as it moves up in time. Did it again last night. Sorry you can’t admit that but hug away. Many ensemble members run storms up the coast and have no gradient look unless you want to call east vs west a gradient. And while all this is going on the PV is getting attacked daily and how that plays out will be the deciding factor on late December and early January. 

Agree

1 more week of mild weather

First descent into double digits below this AM, somewhere in the -12/-13 range.  BML bottomed at -17.  Month thru yesterday running 8.2° BN, and today will push it down another half degree.  Dec. 14-31 would need to be about +6 to wipe out the negative departures - could happen but I'm guessing it won't quite make it.

58 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If you thought me saying Mai Tais is any way not embellishing, I don't know what to say. Obviously that's some over the top humor. But yes, a cutter could be coming late next week. 

The problem that frustrates many pros like myself, is the lack of listening or believing and this constant ACATT approach. I love snow more than anyone, but I'm not going to make shit up because I don't like to hear about rain or mild weather. However, that's what many of you do. You don't want to hear about anything that is non-snow. It gets tiring. 

I didn't think it was serious...but when you poke the nest all the time, some may, or may take the opportunity to throw it back at ya....just saying.

Yes, and some see and hear what they want to see and hear I agree.    Gotta remember.....everybody is not a pro here.  Anyway....let's hope we have some opportunities going forward.