Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

50 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This has been a terrible stretch. Wasted cold. 

I can appreciate that... without the month long snow cover and multiple events, I'd be right there in the pile hating on this too. 

I also think the constant snow cover is feeding back to our negative departures as well, the radiation nights are bone chilling and it just seems like it wants to lean colder than first glance.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I can appreciate that... without the month long snow cover and multiple events, I'd be right there in the pile hating on this too. 

I also think the constant snow cover is feeding back to our negative departures as well, the radiation nights are bone chilling and it just seems like it wants to lean colder than first glance.

I know and I’m sorry if I’m being negative, but all this cold and brown ground gets old. Not trying to be a Debbie. Just keeping it real. Enjoy the season up there.

57 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Hopefully it has disrupted the tick cycle...I swear the April cold + rainy summer helped out this summer. Ticks were not an issue for most of the warm season (Easter-Memorial Day was pretty bad though)

I read a recent news story how here in Central Mass, people were checking in deer with zero ticks on them.  I guess that is rare

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I know and I’m sorry if I’m being negative, but all this cold and brown ground gets old. Not trying to be a Debbie. Just keeping it real. Enjoy the season up there.

Oh I get it.  Trust me.  Plenty of cold and cirrus up here over the years, don't have to explain it to me lol.

And it'll happen again probably sooner than I'd like.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Oh I get it.  Trust me.  Plenty of cold and cirrus up here over the years, don't have to explain it to me lol.

And it'll happen again probably sooner than I'd like.

And for those claiming climo, this is true if we had avg temps. But this is the cold I dream of near the coast for antecedent airmasses. So to have these departures and barely a flake to show is rather frustrating. I know it’s early, but a shame to waste it. Oh well.  Not that the interior is weeping for me lol. 

4 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

So far they have but keep going by the eps which has been dog shit.

I'm really not sure how this narrative got started, but please continue to ride the hot model of the day. 

Humans are objectively terrible at picking the model of the day, best to use information from all of them.