Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

13 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Technically sub freezing all of Tuesday and Wednesday on the euro.

I'd take the over on Wednesday as depicted...light west flow with 850s near 0. 

Hopefully if that northern stream is going to dig on Monday, it gives us some snow with it. 

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How is it struggling? It won this weekend. 

Well, The GFS was showing the colder look early next week, while the Euro was not...until just now.   So I guess you can say it caved to the GFS idea as of now...that wouldn't have happened at all before the upgrade...or at the very least it would be a super rare occurrence before the upgrade.   I think that's the point that most are making, and I have to agree on that point.   It's still a great model and does better than the GFS more often than not, but it caves to the GFS a lot more than it used too.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

For every one day 5 cave from euro I’ll point to 4 day 3 caves from the GFS. Use the ensemble. The GEFS look more like the euro op next week for now.

Yes, I said this much in my post above..Euro is still the better model by far, but the trend of it caving more so than it used to(OP or otherwise), is the main point.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Uh?

Christmas is 13 days away. Go with the ensembles this far out with shows colder weather on the gefs.

Before Christmas I said. What has gotten into some of you? The gfs was trying to cool it off by the 20th. For those who keep saying the EPS is off, I’d like to see some proof other than the thinkings of the weenie minds. Which lately has been a Dr Phil experiment. 

• Haha 1

Man imagine this place if we get some cutters with the ridging in the east, after Christmas. Legit chance too. I’m going to be sitting here smiling like that fat kid in the movie “Stand By Me.” The one who made everyone puke after eating the pies. Just sitting there, laughing and smiling as everyone pukes and cries. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Before Christmas I said. What has gotten into some of you? The gfs was trying to cool it off by the 20th. For those who keep saying the EPS is off, I’d like to see some proof other than the thinkings of the weenie minds. Which lately has been a Dr Phil experiment. 

Bro you gotta stop humping the Euro constantly....I mean it just caved to the GFS.  Not that the GFS is right, but I mean do you ever call a spade a spade with regard to Euro??  It isn't as good as it used to be.  It may still be the best model out there...but it's been taken down a few notches.   I don't know what's so hard to understand about that.  Sure it still has the best skill scores and all, but it's not the Guru it once was.   No Dr. Phil experiment either to realize that.

• Like 4

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Man imagine this place if we get some cutters with the ridging in the east, after Christmas. Legit chance too. I’m going to be sitting here smiling like that fat kid in the movie “Stand By Me.” The one who made everyone puke after eating the pies. Just sitting there, laughing and smiling as everyone pukes and cries. 

Sounds like a little brat reaction but lol ok

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Bro you gotta stop humping the Euro constantly....I mean it just caved to the GFS.  Not that the GFS is right, but I mean do you ever call a spade a spade with regard to Euro??  It isn't as good as it used to be.  It may still be the best model out there...but it's been taken down a few notches.   I don't know what's so hard to understand about that.  Sure it still has the best skill scores and all, but it's not the Guru it once was.   No Dr. Phil experiment either to realize that.

I’m not talking  about one event. I’m talking the hemispheric look after day 7. It was a warm look and that’s what we will have overall. Like multiple Mets said. I don’t read and rip the euro, but given its skill set I know what to look for.