Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

23 minutes ago, mreaves said:

They open in Vermont on December 16th by law. That’s one day after the latest possible last day of hunting season. 

I noticed they just groomed the VAST trails in Stowe...first time I saw that this season so figured they must be getting close to opening.  

BTV at 28F right now while MPV is 15F and MVL 14F.  Man what a different world over there on the west side of the mountains.  

27 minutes ago, mreaves said:

They open in Vermont on December 16th by law. That’s one day after the latest possible last day of hunting season. 

The diehards up here have been riding the back country from just after thanksgiving up to now, But trails "officially" open here 12/15.

39 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I noticed they just groomed the VAST trails in Stowe...first time I saw that this season so figured they must be getting close to opening.  

BTV at 28F right now while MPV is 15F and MVL 14F.  Man what a different world over there on the west side of the mountains.  

They got the go ahead to start prepping this week. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah that's how I would lean.

That H5 upper-level low really digs south of the region on the 00z GFS for next Monday's storm, watch it become a much bigger threat in the next few days.  There is plenty of time before this event, given the recent events going out to sea, but the upper-level trough wants to really dig south of the region and almost captures the southern stream low.

1 hour ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

That H5 upper-level low really digs south of the region on the 00z GFS for next Monday's storm, watch it become a much bigger threat in the next few days.  There is plenty of time before this event, given the recent events going out to sea, but the upper-level trough wants to really dig south of the region and almost captures the southern stream low.

We need to find an arctic SW to phase.

10 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

That enso thread on the main forum was hilarious. People trying to pound their chests over a weekly number and subsurface saying this would be solidly moderate while ignoring how slow the event started. This is a paltry weak El Niño. As soon as the WWBs abated, the numbers reverted back to weak.

AWT. 

the atmosphere isnt even behaving like an el nino right now lol, this looks way more like a 1968-69 or 2004-05 type el nino to me than it does 2002-03.

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Gradient pattern in the long range.  Hopefully we’re on the cold side.   EPS says be no further south than SNE.  Precarious to me.  Overall big differences between gfs and euro family.  The pope dream is gfs/GEFS is right.   

I don't know which model suite is right, but I pray it is the GFS

19 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Gradient pattern in the long range.  Hopefully we’re on the cold side.   EPS says be no further south than SNE.  Precarious to me.  Overall big differences between gfs and euro family.  The pipe dream is gfs/GEFS is right.   

You mean the same  eps that parked a one eyed pig over Alaska for two weeks and canceled winter two weeks ago?? You guys sure get hung up on an ensemble that has not done very well this cold season. 

18 minutes ago, Zach’s Pop said:

You mean the same  eps that parked a one eyed pig over Alaska for two weeks and canceled winter two weeks ago?? You guys sure get hung up on an ensemble that has not done very well this cold season. 

It’s sitting up there and will be there for two weeks in total. Post 12/25. Listen to your son. 

• Like 1