Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

All we heard is a 1-2 week torch with WAN temps right up to 12/25. It’s now a day or 2 maybe . Sure it’s a mild up but talk about an overhyped torch . This was embarrassing 

I'm not sure where you come up with this. I, nor anyone else said torch for 1-2 weeks. It's a pacific driven pattern that will have lots of 40s for highs and 30s for lows. Pretty mild for this time of year. Throw in some potential for much larger + departures after the 20th to near Christmas. Like Will said earlier, not sure where all the rhetoric is coming from. It's not a paper tiger and has been on track for days. I am also speaking from an overall winter standpoint of cold and snow. We will have neither, hence the relaxation.

There is a huge warming at 10mb across Siberia later in the 11-15 day. But the NAO is most certainly positive for the time being. I'm not sure if some thought that we would see blocking again, but that's not happening for awhile. This is a Pacific pattern, what appears to be -EPO driven.  I think we all know the caveats. It could be very wintry if times right, cold and dry, or 80s and mullets of cold-->cutter-->cold.  I'll take the chances of the cold helping, but ideally I think I want to see the ridge nudged east a bit. Maybe that happens in Jan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wasn’t it coming this upcoming weekend? The screamer cutter?

To be honest , look at temps thru the 19’th. This is the mild up that just ain’t around. 

Maybe it’s a mild/ frigid zig zag for a few after? Or are still going mild for days on end 

a relaxation is kinda meaningless if it’s in the context of comparing to the -5/-8 below average regime we were in, upcoming period seems not that mild 

• Like 2

We may get a few days of above normal out of the norm around here but 7-10 days worth, I don't think so.  I never, and I only speak for myself on here, bought into the nearly 10 day mild period others were trying to get at on here.  We must be careful, Pattern recognition, remember. Pattern recognition.

Any thoughts on if we avoid the rain ? If the past few months are any indication my guess is no . 

Friday, Saturday and Sunday...

Milder temps Fri as northern stream jet lifts northward and
high pres moves offshore, promoting onshore flow into southern
New England. Seasonably warm with highs in the 40s Fri.
Thereafter forecast becomes highly uncertain from Fri night into
Sunday. Ensembles and deterministic guidance have all trended
away from streams merging with now an unphased scenario this
period along with southern stream being more dominant. However
individual members from both the 00Z GEFS and EPS really exhibit
large spread with many members dry this weekend while other
members are very wet. Thus highly uncertain weekend forecast.

God, the worst thing about the boring down time is the exhuasting fights over semantics, and whether a given person thought it would avaerage 42 degrees for an 8 day period, or 39 degrees over a 6 day period.

Drains this place of all intrigue and vitality in absolutely brutal fashion.

We're all guilty of it-

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

God, the worst thing about the boring down time is the exhuasting fights over semantics, and whether a given person thought it would avaerage 42 degrees for an 8 day period, or 39 degrees over a 6 day period.

Drains this place of all intrigue and vitality in absolutely brutal fashion.

We're all guilty of it-

and again...its only Monday, lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Drains this place of all intrigue and vitality. We're all guilty of it.

Nah it's just normal chatter for literally anytime of the year that it's not snowing.  

12 months of the year, if it's not snowing it's temp talk and semantics lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

Once the winds back NW, See ya

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Like a different world up here, even the mailman knows what NW winds mean.  Snow.

I did LOL a bit when I saw the statement because NW winds mean something more along the lines of “See ya… sunshine.”, or “See ya… whatever is in the way of heading up to the mountain”.

4 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

I did LOL a bit when I saw the statement because NW winds mean something more along the lines of “See ya… sunshine.”, or “See ya… whatever is in the way of heading up to the mountain”.

lol, That's a down slope dandy here, Backside of any coastal system here means "0's backside snow out of that wind direction.

14 minutes ago, dryslot said:

lol, That's a down slope dandy here, Backside of any coastal system here means "0's backside snow out of that wind direction.

Yup...when my wind goes NNW in a coastal I know we're about done. Of course we know how different it is with E flow in the spring. Mank here while powderfreak is talking about blue skies and warmth.

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Euro machine numbers for BDL, lines are average daily hi/lo black numbers are daily norms average, reds are predicted daily aves, like we said pretty meh on the torch parade which now appears to be pushed back to the 20th?

download.png

We do this every time when you whip out the 2m bar graphs. I haven't had a chance to look at much today, but usually these verify with an "over". We'll revisit the chart in a week.