Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

58 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The cold is pretty useless. Yay for pond ice. 

The cold wasn't useless here lots of snow. 

Looks like the EPS is caving to the GEFS.  Afterall, no one denies the fact that their will be a warm up the duration however has been in question since the get go. It gets better too as the NAO goes sharply negative on December 20th. That would certainly help push the cold air faster out east. 

m500z_dif_f264_bg.png

m500z_dif_f276_bg.png

m500z_dif_f288_bg.png

m500z_dif_f300_bg.png

41 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

We could have been discussing more the bn cold we have had the last 3 weeks in all of the region.  Just because there wasn't a significant snow event didn't mean we move right to "warmupville".  We have discussed the cold, but I would bet there have been a lot more posts about the warm up.

We tracked the southern storm for a good 5 days in the extended. We talk all weather here too. A warmup is in the cards overall for a couple of weeks. We all love winter weather here though. I don’t think anyone is cheering on a torch stretch. Some just get really defensive when any talk of warmth is mentioned. We’ll see what happens come verification time. Balls are being spiked everywhere.

3 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

The LR/Seasonal outlook makes sense but given the northeast missed out today, there's no guarantee we'll see big snows during that period either (would be horrendously bad luck). 

It's a rough time for weenies, November started off with a bang then grinded to a halt, parts of the SE got buried, and now the majority of us may miss out on snow this month. 

These are going to be an agonizing few weeks. 

LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leo2000 said:

The cold wasn't useless here lots of snow. 

Looks like the EPS is caving to the GEFS.  Afterall, no one denies the fact that their will be a warm up the duration however has been in question since the get go. It gets better too as the NAO goes sharply negative on December 20th. That would certainly help push the cold air faster out east. 

m500z_dif_f264_bg.png

m500z_dif_f276_bg.png

m500z_dif_f288_bg.png

m500z_dif_f300_bg.png

I responded to this three times already.

1 hour ago, 78Blizzard said:

Also, Roanoke, VA has a metro pop. of about 300,000, and they are getting up to 18" in places.  The annual average for the city is 18".

I remember (I think) the 3/3/60 blizzard.  I think RNK. Got 12+...maybe 14”.   That’s the day I learned where Roanoke, VA is.

Howdy yall...I am from the SE forum...kinda pissed tonight as some of our folks have had convo about Jim Cantore's height...I hope he's on this board...I've seen folks get deleted for less than this, but we've got moderators and seasoned folks posting about Jim's height...maybe they are jealous because of his money, or ladies...but I got booted tonight when I questioned them about having conversation in the observation thread about Jim's height....it's so crazy!

Just now, WeatherHawk said:

Howdy yall...I am from the SE forum...kinda pissed tonight as some of our folks have had convo about Jim Cantore's height...I hope he's on this board...I've seen folks get deleted for less than this, but we've got moderators and seasoned folks posting about Jim's height...maybe they are jealous because of his money, or ladies...but I got booted tonight when I questioned them about having conversation in the observation thread about Jim's height....it's so crazy!

How much there?

1 minute ago, WeatherHawk said:

I posted that he’s a lot shorter than me and I’m not tall.  I met him in February 2000 and found him approachable, intelligent and a generally nice guy.  He’s also short,  Big deal.  It doesn’t diminish him as a. Meteorologist or human being.