Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's f'ing cold.  Below zero at that time of day with the snowpack and winter vibe.  It's only December 8th.  

Yes it is. It's warmed up to 2F now with some light snow falling. 

Even skiing was a bit too chilly today. On the other hand, they had the snow guns going and they were putting out Utah grade powder lol

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

KWAL.skewt.20181209.00.gif

A lot of low level dry air there in the north half of VA.

Eff you, I'm chopping 1.5 degrees off the Euro forecast the rest of winter.

I think that's really going to add to the fronto...get that awesome wetbulbing dewpoint feed from the north. 

Still loving near RIC and on a WSW trajectory from there toward LYH. Gonna be painful for maybe DC or southern suburbs...watching the radar looking like it's gonna crush them and then just hit a brick wall. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think that's really going to add to the fronto...get that awesome wetbulbing dewpoint feed from the north. 

Still loving near RIC and on a WSW trajectory from there toward LYH. Gonna be painful for maybe DC or southern suburbs...watching the radar looking like it's gonna crush them and then just hit a brick wall. 

A lot of high stakes forecasts down there. 

I mean I'd bang this.

NAMMA_700_fronto_021_zps4njplfve.png

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You mean 3 days from now?  Don’t even remotely see it.

I mean one major problem is any inverted trof the models develop is too progressive to really pile up snow. If you want warning snow from an inverted trof, you want a NorLun, and if you want a NorLun you better park it for 6 hours+. 

6 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Jerry the GFS has shown it for the last 5 runs, the NAM is just getting into range, and I haven't seen support for this from the SREFs in a while, even during the potential OES events, the SREFs didn't support the GFS, but this time it has support.  I am watching the HIRES NAM rather than the other NAM.

Warning snow?  Not happening but keep dreaming...

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Me 2. Montreal feels bigger to me and better night life, plus they speak a foreign language so that's cool as well.....like being in a foreign country instead of America's Top Hat.

You know French?  If not it would be a tough place to live.

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s been the best like or not.   It has its misses but all it’s saying now is cold is somewhat delayed due to it plunging down west of us first.   Which happens most of the time,  

I've never seen a group of weenies so resistant to this hiatus. It's an interesting look into the mind of a weenie. 

6 hours ago, weathafella said:

Walkable, good public transportation, best healthcare in the world, snowy considering its location.  Strong history, neighborhoods, growing diversity, unfortunately very expensive.

yep healthcare is super expensive too.  Best healthcare right now would probably be one of those European countries where you dont go bankrupt in the process.

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Bostons OK, world class maybe, traffic sucks like any city, some nice Museums, nice shopping areas but like any city not for me.

I hear you about cities- they're stressful and not healthy.  My blood pressure goes down 30 pts and I sleep much better at night when I'm out in the country with no light pollution and fresh air.  Flagstaff AZ is supposed to be one of the healthiest cities in America.

Densely packing a bunch of humans into a small space isn't healthy for us or for the environment.