• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

here's the 1971 March bomb over at NCEP's Library ( https://library.noaa.gov/Collections/Digital-Collections/US-Daily-Weather-Maps ) ...what I find pretty cool about this is just how deep and powerful that eastern amplitude is, yet ...simultaneously...the flow from the lower GOA all the way to Chi-town's latitude/longitude is for all intents and purposes 'zonal'  In fact, it's almost arguable there really is no ridging there, which is far in a way more typical/classical to find that when you have this sort of eastern torque screwing N up the eastern Seaboard like that... wow!

...as it were, this event appeared at this same time below (12z March 4, 1971) to be a mix bag for eastern areas with snow toward ALB... don't quote me - impressive bomb either way.

image.thumb.png.0ba58592364743c3692ad465d8931488.png

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Decembers of Yore.

someone some where simply must've already snarked  ...  "December of Yawn," .. as in, more like - 

seein' as Kevina is such a cracker-jack salesman ... could sell a dogschit taco to Julia Child ... does he have any equally impressive money-back guarantees for his December of's ?

55 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Just looking at Plymouth, NH in the middle of March '71 the depth reached 40", started April with 25".

121" at Franklin Falls COOP that year. Same numbers here...40" depth on 3/12 and started April with 26". Definitely 07/08-esque.

• Like 1

Ha!  this 12z Euro run ... it's ... .really, comically insulting to winter enthusiasts... 

Almost zippo redeeming value end to end... It's either annoying cold, or warm and wet .... while still actually having enough cold and storminess around - so it's quite figuratively as though it went out of it's way to specifically attack snow with rain/wind - couldn't be better engineered to be an azzhole run.   haha... 

Kidding obviously. The end of the run does show some semblance of dropping NAO... so perhaps not a totaled car wreck of a run

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Now that’s a cutter.

It is... and frankly I can't see any way that corrects otherwise. 

The surface pressure pattern is entirely escaped seaward leaving no resistance and as I outlined earlier, any low-level cold is fetid and putrid. I mean ...it's possible to still have a smidge of resistance from cold but there's not even that there. 

We may as well shoot that 70F and see if we can t-boner an ILL style twister outbreak.  

3 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Even Kevin is excited for the Screaming Southeaster

Let’s absolutely rip a massive screamer thru the region. I mean one like we haven’t seen since the early - mid 90’s. Knock as much stuff down as is physically possible. It’ll provide excitement, something fun to track and reshuffle the pattern for winter behind it. Gusts over 70 possible 

4 minutes ago, MJOatleast7 said:

I think it was a few years ago, we had a thaw clear to the Arctic Circle...was that the same year as >0c 850 at the North Pole...?

2015 ... but, I don't know if that qualifies as a "thaw" 

certainly alarming IF that is proven to have never happened since Humans began measuring there... 

In the spirit of commiseration ... NCEP should create a BFI teleconnector.  Otherwise known as the butt-f'ed index ... We're clearly heading into historic territory of anomalies ... 

We think of the Cosmos in terms of baryonic matter ... but, as conventional physics is pointing out, there is now negative matter/energy ... and even, recently papered, 'negative gravity'. In that realm gravity repels..  "Pushing" results in forcing going the other direction ... it's like when your looking at your reflection in the mirror and you reach for something on your face, and you realize that your motions seem like they are going the wrong way ...?  We've stepped into that dimension of reality.  Fascinating just how bad actually..  quite remarkable, but everything the atmosphere does is opposing right now. nice!