Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

53 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Moved back to NC? couldn’t take the BTV snowhole anymore?

He moves back to NC and BTV has one of its snowiest Novembers on record...only 4" away from the snowiest in 130 years.  

And to think BTV went like 2 years when he was here without a warning event and they nearly popped two by December 1st this season.  Guess we know who to blame!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

He moves back to NC and BTV has one of its snowiest Novembers on record...only 4" away from the snowiest in 130 years.  

And to think BTV went like 2 years when he was here without a warning event and they nearly popped two by December 1st this season.  Guess we know who to blame!

It was the direct result of the heat coming off his drone's engine warming the CPV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

See it only took 2 seasons of eyewall melts to get them back in the game, I guess he didn't bring with him the same shine as WxBlue did from down south to Dover.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

At least the mtns of NC will get snow. I was starting to feel read bad for them. Anxiously awaiting Boone NC webcam images.

I still can't believe models are approaching to 20" in Asheville and Boone. That's Storm of the Century level of epic. If I didn't get 43" of snow in 5 days last winter, I'd be really salty right now.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Was that March?

It was indeed in March of 1993. Most of North Carolina's greatest storms occurred between late January and early March so it's bizarre to have a huge event like this in early December...

I doubt this event will reach 1993 levels (Boone saw 33 inches while Asheville saw 18 inches), but it's definitely up there with 1996 blizzard and January 2016 event. 

4 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

It was indeed in March of 1993. Most of North Carolina's greatest storms occurred between late January and early March so it's bizarre to have a huge event like this in early December...

I doubt this event will reach 1993 levels (Boone saw 33 inches while Asheville saw 18 inches), but it's definitely up there with 1996 blizzard and January 2016 event. 

I meant your 43” lol. Last winter.