Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion

NorEastermass128

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Invts before a major storm seem to be a thing, PWM invts usually means we get crushed soon here in SNE, so ACY congrats DC South seems to be the case so far. Euro has been locked in, unless we see a major change next 2 days....... 

I don't quite buy the sampling stuff with all the satellite data that the Euro assimilates, only area I would say is suspect is the Arctic with all the cold reflectivities as Will pointed out.

Because the satellite data over the arctic is terrible. Why do you think we see jumps inside day 5 all the time? 

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Because the satellite data over the arctic is terrible. Why do you think we see jumps inside day 5 all the time? 

Yeah the cold temps and the angle through the atmosphere (more atmosphere to sample and parallax issues) really degrades the data quality. 

I mean it’s better than nothing, but still leaves some room for sampling errors.

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah the cold temps and the angle through the atmosphere (more atmosphere to sample and parallax issues) really degrades the data quality. 

I mean it’s better than nothing, but still leaves some room for sampling errors.

wouldn't it be funny if this whole mess turned out to be like ...90 % an N/stream deal  ha

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's a complete disaster in Canada. 

Pretty big difference from 00z and it's not for the better. The good news is that as long as the changes are kind of big, they can happen in the other direction too. But we will want to see some improvement by early Friday I think....so like 3 more cycles. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Pretty big difference from 00z and it's not for the better. The good news is that as long as the changes are kind of big, they can happen in the other direction too. But we will want to see some improvement by early Friday I think....so like 3 more cycles. 

Yeah, I hope. But it;s just one thing after the other. Sometimes it's one or two things we are waiting on to clear up, but there are s/w's everywhere it seems. We'll wait and see I guess.

1 minute ago, Greg said:

I doubt we have a raging torch, revamp of the pattern, yes. Torch, NO. Look out a little further and chances of storms increase.  So to write off December as a whole is premature.

This.

We can't even figure out what it's going to do 5-6 days from now with regard to this potential system/storm or whatever it turns into, for whoever it may be for???   There's going to be a moderation for sure, but I wouldn't be too worried about it.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Meanwhile, enjoy the stretch of relatively dry weather.   I know I am in the minority but I kind of enjoy cold and dry, probably get some raking done later this afternoon.  

Agreed.  Dry is a good thing for now.  The water table is insanely high in my area.   

• Haha 2